Shin Yatomi

  • Lee Wolfson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      I recieved this email this morning.

      The news has come that Shin Yatomi has passed away at about 6 pm today
      5/31/07 in Los Angeles. He passed away peacefully, surrounded by
      family and
      friends, having battled strongly with cancer, and engaged in his practice
      until his last moment. One of his nurses commented that she had never seen
      any patient as centered as he was.

      No memorial information is yet available. Cards and condolences may be
      sent
      to:

      SGI Plaza

      606 Wilshire Boulevard

      Santa Monica, CA 90401
    • gaydave53
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Thanks, Lee:

        Shin was a bright light for all of us in the SGI....definitely one of
        our finest writers...He will continue to be in my prayers.
        Thanks
        David

        "Lee Wolfson" <LKWolfson@...> wrote:

        > I recieved this email this morning.
        >
        > The news has come that Shin Yatomi has passed away at about 6 pm
        today
        > 5/31/07 in Los Angeles. He passed away peacefully, surrounded by
        > family and
        > friends, having battled strongly with cancer, and engaged in his
        practice
        > until his last moment. One of his nurses commented that she had
        never seen
        > any patient as centered as he was.
        >
        > No memorial information is yet available. Cards and condolences may
        be
        > sent
        > to:
        >
        > SGI Plaza
        >
        > 606 Wilshire Boulevard
        >
        > Santa Monica, CA 90401

      • ryuei2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          I am very sorry to hear this. Shin Yatomi's articles were excellent.
          I wish I could have met him in person. I will remove him from
          the "well-being" list that he is on at Faithful Fools and put him on
          the "memorial" list.

          Namu Myoho Renge Kyo,
          Ryuei

          --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "Lee Wolfson"
          <LKWolfson@...> wrote:

          > I recieved this email this morning.
          >
          > The news has come that Shin Yatomi has passed away at about 6 pm
          today
          > 5/31/07 in Los Angeles. He passed away peacefully, surrounded by
          > family and
          > friends, having battled strongly with cancer, and engaged in his
          practice
          > until his last moment. One of his nurses commented that she had
          never seen
          > any patient as centered as he was.
          >
          > No memorial information is yet available. Cards and condolences
          may be
          > sent
          > to:
          >
          > SGI Plaza
          >
          > 606 Wilshire Boulevard
          >
          > Santa Monica, CA 90401

        • Byrd Ehlmann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            Hi, Lee - I got this same e-mail and was planning to re-post it
            here. Thanks for getting the word out. I am so sorry about Shin's
            passing. His writing and thinking were both clear and profound.
            I will miss reading his pieces in our publications. He really had a
            huge impact on the advancement of the Daimoku in this country.

            Byrd in LA