[SGI] Re: dubius nature

  • Robin Ray Beck
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- In SokaGakkaiInternational, Blue Buddha wrote:

      Robin wrote I understand that Robin, Charles believes (and that's
      OK) that Daimoku healed him. I don't want to appear that I am
      belittling that – because I am not. When people are in desperate
      situations, they need something to believe in.
      ```````````````````````````````````````````````

      I have not read the book, so I do not know what part of the story he
      told. But there is quote a bit more bit more to the story that you
      are assuming. The Daimoku is a key.

      But if you prefer to dismiss it that way {oversimplification}, that
      is okay too. Some have a world view they need to maintain.

      You mentioned others who spontaneously (as in overnight) recovered
      from advanced stage Hodgkins. I am interested in examples.

    • Don Gropp
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 1, 2005
        <<When people are in desperate situations, they need something to
        believe in>>

        The reason chanting daimoku works is because it taps the life and
        energy of the universe--life-force, as Toda called it. Through
        chanting, we strengthen our 'life-force' which greatly aids the
        body's ability in better utilizing all natural resources, molecular
        and stellar, in the healing process.

        When people are in 'desperate situations,' what they need is
        stronger life-force, deeper wisdom, and the courage to banish all
        negativity. These three elements are mortally key to our healing.

        > Robin wrote
        >
        > "That is not what Charles is saying. Chanting did not simply
        get
        him
        > through the disease. The treatment had failed. He was in the last
        > stages, preparing to die."
        >

        > I understand that Robin, Charles believes (and that's OK) that
        Daimoku healed him. I don't want to appear that I am belittling
        that – because I am not. When people are in desperate
        situations,
        they need something to believe in. However, I know of people who
        have been in the same situation and did not chant, pray, or meditate
        and have miraculously recovered. Now we can call this karma or
        whatever but the fact is that there is no proof. What is important
        is how we live our life regardless of our situation, that's what
        Buddhism is about…at least as far as I am concerned. As the
        Buddha

        SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, Blue Buddha wrote:

        > It just pure speculation anyway. We can not say that chanting
        > actually cures illness (well you can say it but that doesn't make
        it
        > so) what's important is that it gets one through the illness –
        > chanting should give lifemeaning…regardless of the sect. People
        > recover from illnesses all the time but how many learn from it.
        >

        > BlueBuddha
        > That is not what Charles is saying. Chanting did not simply get
        him
        > through the disease. The treatment had failed. He was in the last
        > stages, preparing to die. While lucidly unconscious, he had a
        > healing experience. For Charles, the Odaimoku {and mantra powered
        > visualization} was a key that opened the gate to the Palace of the
        > 9th Consciousness.
        >
        > I had a similar NDE two years ago. When I 'returned', my heartbeat
        > was normal. Other tests were negative. The Drs. concluded that
        prior
        > tests indicating infarction were anomolous. Maybe. I was also
        > glowing, and everyone in the ER was 'moved'. And Charles' cancer
        was
        > not an anomoly.

        > Note: As Ryuei has pointed out, Nagarjuna did not elucidate
        anything
        > deeper than Alaya. But that is a moot point.
        >

        > Views expressed by individuals above do not necessarily reflect
        the views of the Soka Gakkai nor its membership.

        Service.