Re: [SGI] membership cards?

  • Robert Brown
    Message 1 of 74 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi

      Yep can understand. We do have a centralised database which we try to keep
      up-to-date. It lists all those that have received Gohonzon and what
      district they are in.

      We've been trying to 'clean' it up for about 4 or 5 years now - a HUGE job
      as many people have either moved away, stopped practising, changed names etc
      etc.

      What we've been doing is printing off the District lists and then sending
      them to the District Leaders. They then check the list and send it back
      adding any new names - Gohonzon members only - not naitoku etc.

      It may still take another year or so to complete.

      cheers

      Robert
      London

      >From: "banker91344" <banker@...>
      >To: SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [SGI] membership cards?
      >Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:12:35 -0000
      >

      >--- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Brown"
      ><buddharob@h...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Bill
      > >
      > > Hmmmm, strange way of doing it. We just keep a list of those in
      >our
      > > District and we all have a copy - when someone moves etc we take
      >them off.
      > > When someone joins we add them - simple really. We can then send
      >a copy to
      > > Taplow Court if they ask.
      > >
      > > cheers
      > >
      > > Robert
      > > London
      >
      >Hi Robert,
      >
      >That's exactly how we've done it up till now also except for the
      >Taplow Court thing ;). Simple common sense way for each district to
      >keep in communication with their members. But if your goal is to
      >increase the numbers by watering down the definition of what it
      >means to be a member then I guess that is more easily defended as
      >factual if you have physical cards for all those people with
      >detailed personal information which can be put in a centralized
      >database.
      >
      >Bill

    • Christopher
      Message 74 of 74 , Apr 3, 2005
        Shirley,

        Yes an Oscar ( big dumb looking but really intelligent lovible fish with a great personality ) is a Cichlid.

        Christopher

        ThusOne@... wrote: In a message dated 4/2/05 10:29:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        mickg1@... writes:

        > Anyone ever noticed the similarity between salt water fish people
        > and Harley riders. Oh yes, I kept Cichlids for many years and I also
        > ride a Triumph.

        Is an oscar (spelling?) fish a Cichlid?

        Shirley

        Views expressed by individuals above do not necessarily reflect the views of the Soka Gakkai nor its membership.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need? �Click Here to meet a Girl
        And Give Her Hope�Click Here to meet a Boy
        And Change His Life Learn More