The Myoho Sisterhood

  • carsonlynn2001
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 3 8:21 AM
      Dear Readers,
      The January 2005 "Living Buddhism*" is packed with fabulous study
      material, experiences, and messages. An excerpt from the issue
      follows below.
      Carson Lynn

      Excerpt From January 2005 "Living Buddhism*", Page 7,
      "The Myoho Sisterhood: Making the Impossible Possible"
      By Linda Johnson, SGI-USA Women's Leader

      "An important part of the Myoho Sisterhood pledge is that we will
      support each other until everyone achieves a victory. This is the
      motivation behind our hour of united prayer each day in which we are
      praying for: every person to experience the limitless potential of
      her life through faith, every person to awaken to her mission to
      spread this Buddhism, and an undeniable, tangible victory in Soka
      Spirit, the movement to clarify the truth of Nichiren Buddhism.

      "This prayer, however, includes everyone, not just women. There is
      no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva. We want everyone to
      achieve a life-condition of indestructible happiness and for all of
      our friends still practicing with the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood to
      come home to the SGI-USA."

      *"The 'Living Buddhism' Magazine is directed to a broad readership
      and provides a variety of Buddhist study material as well as special
      features on topics such as education, the arts, and race relations
      in America."

      http://www.sgi-usa.org/publications/living_buddhism/index.html

      "SGI-USA has provided a variety of publications on Buddhism for
      nearly forty years. In 1964, when Buddhism was relatively unknown to
      the English reading public, the 'World Tribune' newspaper was first
      published. Living Buddhism, a journal for peace, culture and
      education, was first published in the United States in 1981
      as 'Seikyo Times'. The name was changed to 'Living Buddhism' in
      1997. During the past four decades, many books have been published
      by the World Tribune Press. In 2000, two new book imprints,
      Treasuretower Books and Middleway Press have been introduced with a
      number of new releases".

      http://www.sgi-usa.org/publications/
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 3 8:39 AM
        "carsonlynn2001" wrote:
        > "This prayer, however, includes everyone, not just women. There is
        > no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva. We want everyone
        > achieve a life-condition of indestructible happiness and for all of
        > our friends still practicing with the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood to
        > come home to the SGI-USA."

        I thought this crap was supposed to be stopped? This is insane to me.
        And is why I cannot practice with SGI anymore, no matter how I try
        to. This, in fact makes me want to suport the Temple. As I do believe
        they are most honest.

        Joe
      • rainergirl12000
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3 9:02 AM
          --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "carsonlynn2001"
          <carsonlynn2001@y...> wrote:

          > Dear Readers,
          > The January 2005 "Living Buddhism*" is packed with fabulous study
          > material, experiences, and messages. An excerpt from the issue
          > follows below.
          > Carson Lynn
          >
          > Excerpt From January 2005 "Living Buddhism*", Page 7,
          > "The Myoho Sisterhood: Making the Impossible Possible"
          > By Linda Johnson, SGI-USA Women's Leader
          >
          > "An important part of the Myoho Sisterhood pledge is that we will
          > support each other until everyone achieves a victory. This is the
          > motivation behind our hour of united prayer each day in which we
          are
          > praying for: every person to experience the limitless potential of
          > her life through faith, every person to awaken to her mission to
          > spread this Buddhism, and an undeniable, tangible victory in Soka
          > Spirit, the movement to clarify the truth of Nichiren Buddhism.
          >
          > "This prayer, however, includes everyone, not just women. There is
          > no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva. We want everyone
          > achieve a life-condition of indestructible happiness and for all of
          > our friends still practicing with the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood to
          > come home to the SGI-USA."
          >
          > *"The 'Living Buddhism' Magazine is directed to a broad readership
          > and provides a variety of Buddhist study material as well as
          special
          > features on topics such as education, the arts, and race relations
          > in America."
          >
          > http://www.sgi-usa.org/publications/living_buddhism/index.html
          >
          > "SGI-USA has provided a variety of publications on Buddhism for
          > nearly forty years. In 1964, when Buddhism was relatively unknown
          > the English reading public, the 'World Tribune' newspaper was first
          > published. Living Buddhism, a journal for peace, culture and
          > education, was first published in the United States in 1981
          > as 'Seikyo Times'. The name was changed to 'Living Buddhism' in
          > 1997. During the past four decades, many books have been published
          > by the World Tribune Press. In 2000, two new book imprints,
          > Treasuretower Books and Middleway Press have been introduced with a
          > number of new releases".
          >
          > http://www.sgi-usa.org/publications/

          Ah. Well knowing Linda Johnson as well as I do I cannot reconcile
          this article with the Linda I know.

          Bridget

        • Linda Kaye
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 3 10:02 AM
            Hey Joe,
            Isn't there a song called "Hey Joe",,,,"hey, joe, whatcha doin with
            that gun in your hand..."

            In answer to your response, here is the key in that sentence:
            "There is
            > no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva."

            Why don't you just chant daimoku to discover what YOUR mission for
            kosen rufu is and do that. That's soka spirit.

            I hope this New Year brings you all the answers to your prayers.
            take care.
            Lindak

            --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Joe"
            <mysterium777@y...> wrote:

            > "carsonlynn2001" wrote:
            > > "This prayer, however, includes everyone, not just women. There
            is
            > > no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva. We want
            everyone
            > > achieve a life-condition of indestructible happiness and for all
            of
            > > our friends still practicing with the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood
            > > come home to the SGI-USA."
            >

            > I thought this crap was supposed to be stopped? This is insane to
            me.
            > And is why I cannot practice with SGI anymore, no matter how I try
            > to. This, in fact makes me want to suport the Temple. As I do
            believe
            > they are most honest.
            >
            > Joe
          • Wanda M. Haight
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 3 10:35 AM
              Hi Joe,

              Honestly, I think you just look for things to be upset about and work on taking things out of context. Let's not flame. How about just taking the words meaning that they'd like everyone to be happy.

              Wanda

              Cyberspace Contessa
              Educator, Writer-in-Residence, Futurist
              Even Chaos has a pattern!

              You must be the change you want to see in the world.
              Mahatma Ghandi

            • Robin Ray Beck
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 3 1:24 PM
                <carsonlynn2001@y...> wrote:

                > Dear Readers,
                > The January 2005 "Living Buddhism*" is packed with **fabulous**
                study material, experiences, and messages. An excerpt from the
                issue follows below.
                > Carson Lynn
                ````````````````````````````````````
                Comment: Fabuluous? I would be happy with credible or even half
                decent. Packed Full? I love G-S. :)
                `````````````````````````````

                and an undeniable, tangible victory in Soka Spirit,
                ```````````````````````````````````
                Comment: Tangible?

                robin
              • Robin Ray Beck
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 3 2:28 PM
                  --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Kaye"
                  <lindak73044@s...> wrote: (to Joe)
                  > Why don't you just chant daimoku to discover what YOUR mission for
                  > kosen rufu is and do that. That's soka spirit.
                  ``````````````````````````````````
                  Maybe he did, and msybe he is doing it. I remember when Joe was a
                  lot like me at one time, lacking confidence, afraid to speak up lest
                  he get shot down. Some thought he was a flamer or a troll. And not
                  just Joe, that applies to some others (like me) as well.

                  E-watching Joe, and a number of others, learning from and correcting
                  their posting errors, by learning how to recognize and when to admit
                  mistakes, while gaining the courage of their convictions, thus
                  polishing their skills, has been greatly encouraging to me.

                  The quality of discourse on the Nichiren boards has improved vastly
                  over the past 3 years. We are learning to dialogue, challenge one
                  another, and disagree, without flame wars ensuing. We have some
                  skilled, experienced moderators who know how to handle things.
                  Newbies are joining some of the groups and coming away with good
                  impressions.

                  The real key for me has been to actually respect each person who
                  posts, and try to understand where they are coming from, rather than
                  jumping to conclusions. That -- and refusing to be bullied or
                  intimidated into silence, while constantly trying to improve my
                  skills; so as to not inadvertantly cause ill will.

                  with metta,

                  robin
                • Christopher
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 3 2:43 PM
                    To all,
                    I agree with Robin on this one. Joe has in the past and present often put out statements that tend to infuriate me, but I do believe that he truly ask the questions he asks because of his desire to see an org to which he could one day belong. For the peole out there like Joe who like some of the elements of the SGI but, dislike other areas so much that they feel they cannot with good cause at this time become members keep chanting. If you are truly performing heartfelt daimoku then it will lead you to the right mentor and org at the right time. I love my org and would not want to belong to any other but, for another maybe the Shu is what they need at this time or just that one person to chant with. Chant Daimoku and share this Buddhism to the best of your ability and everything else will come into line in it's own time.
                    Christopher

                    Robin Ray Beck <rrobinrb@...> wrote:

                    --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Kaye"
                    <lindak73044@s...> wrote: (to Joe)
                    > Why don't you just chant daimoku to discover what YOUR mission for
                    > kosen rufu is and do that. That's soka spirit.
                    ``````````````````````````````````
                    Maybe he did, and msybe he is doing it. I remember when Joe was a
                    lot like me at one time, lacking confidence, afraid to speak up lest
                    he get shot down. Some thought he was a flamer or a troll. And not
                    just Joe, that applies to some others (like me) as well.

                    E-watching Joe, and a number of others, learning from and correcting
                    their posting errors, by learning how to recognize and when to admit
                    mistakes, while gaining the courage of their convictions, thus
                    polishing their skills, has been greatly encouraging to me.

                    The quality of discourse on the Nichiren boards has improved vastly
                    over the past 3 years. We are learning to dialogue, challenge one
                    another, and disagree, without flame wars ensuing. We have some
                    skilled, experienced moderators who know how to handle things.
                    Newbies are joining some of the groups and coming away with good
                    impressions.

                    The real key for me has been to actually respect each person who
                    posts, and try to understand where they are coming from, rather than
                    jumping to conclusions. That -- and refusing to be bullied or
                    intimidated into silence, while constantly trying to improve my
                    skills; so as to not inadvertantly cause ill will.

                    with metta,

                    robin

                    Views expressed by individuals above do not necessarily reflect the views of the Soka Gakkai nor its membership.

                  • carsonlynn2001
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 3 6:30 PM
                      <mysterium777@y...> wrote:

                      > "carsonlynn2001" wrote:
                      > > "This prayer, however, includes everyone, not just women. There
                      is
                      > > no such thing as a narrowly focused bodhisattva. We want
                      everyone
                      > > achieve a life-condition of indestructible happiness and for all
                      of
                      > > our friends still practicing with the Nichiren Shoshu priesthood
                      > > come home to the SGI-USA."
                      >

                      > I thought this crap was supposed to be stopped? This is insane to
                      me.
                      > And is why I cannot practice with SGI anymore, no matter how I try
                      > to. This, in fact makes me want to suport the Temple. As I do
                      believe
                      > they are most honest.
                      >
                      > Joe

                      But Joe, I thought you said that you practice to a gohonzon
                      downloaded off the Internet...when did you join the SGI?
                      Carson Lynn
                    • Robin Ray Beck
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 3 7:28 PM
                        <carsonlynn2001@y...> wrote:
                        But Joe, I thought you said that you practice to a gohonzon
                        downloaded off the Internet...when did you join the SGI?
                        Carson Lynn
                        ````````````````````````````````
                        There is no such thing as "a gohonzon downloaded off the Internet."
                        There are several ways a printable image can be acquired. For
                        example, it can snail mailed on a disk. Or e-mailed on the Internet.
                        Or downloaded from a Web-site. The image then has to be printed. One
                        of mine was printed at Kinko's, a friend sent them the image. The
                        imaqe the SGI uses was digitally copied, cleaned-up, and printed
                        electronically. The one I use most often, I printed at home.

                        metta,

                        robin
                      • Joe
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 4 8:00 AM
                          "carsonlynn2001" wrote:
                          > But Joe, I thought you said that you practice to a gohonzon
                          > downloaded off the Internet...when did you join the SGI?
                          > Carson Lynn

                          Carson,
                          "Practice with" does not mean "join". I may attend an odd meeting,
                          but I never joined them officially.

                          Joe
                        • Will Kallander
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 4 10:00 AM
                            As a technical aside, for all intents and purposes, "downloaded from
                            the Internet" includes both email and web transactions that you
                            describe, as both email and web are a subset of the Internet. The
                            disk scenario, while still a digital transferrence of data, is the
                            only one not involving the Internet.

                            Besides, where it is then later printed is not its origin, its origin
                            is arguably from the person to created the digital rendering of the
                            physical copy (assuming that there was an actual physical copy, ie, an
                            original of Nichiren's handiwork).

                            Just being pedantic,
                            --Will

                            --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Ray Beck"
                            <rrobinrb@m...> wrote:

                            > --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "carsonlynn2001"
                            > <carsonlynn2001@y...> wrote:
                            > But Joe, I thought you said that you practice to a gohonzon
                            > downloaded off the Internet...when did you join the SGI?
                            > Carson Lynn
                            > ````````````````````````````````
                            > There is no such thing as "a gohonzon downloaded off the Internet."
                            > There are several ways a printable image can be acquired. For
                            > example, it can snail mailed on a disk. Or e-mailed on the Internet.
                            > Or downloaded from a Web-site. The image then has to be printed. One
                            > of mine was printed at Kinko's, a friend sent them the image. The
                            > imaqe the SGI uses was digitally copied, cleaned-up, and printed
                            > electronically. The one I use most often, I printed at home.
                            >
                            > metta,
                            >
                            > robin
                          • Robin Ray Beck
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 4 3:05 PM
                              --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Will Kallander"
                              <wkallander@q...> wrote:
                              As a technical aside, for all intents and purposes, "downloaded from
                              the Internet" includes both email and web transactions that you
                              describe, as both email and web are a subset of the Internet. The
                              disk scenario, while still a digital transferrence of data, is the
                              only one not involving the Internet.

                              Besides, where it is then later printed is not its origin, its origin
                              is arguably from the person to created the digital rendering of the
                              physical copy (assuming that there was an actual physical copy, ie,
                              an original of Nichiren's handiwork).

                              Just being pedantic,
                              --Will
                              ```````````````````````````````````````
                              :)

                              I just get annoyed by the condecsending references to downloaded or
                              Internet or digital Gohonzon. I assume the SGI issued mandala was
                              digitally scanned, downloaded to some mediumm and cleaned up with
                              image software.

                              As far as I know the only print quality images of Nichiren originals
                              available on the web (except the PG) originated with Dob Ross's
                              scans of scans from the Gohonzon Shu book. The PG was scanned from
                              Don's original, which I think is from the Temple where it is housed,
                              which the late Senchu Murano arranged for Don to receive.

                              LBIS has scans on line, but they are not suitable for cleaning up &
                              printing. Not enough dpi.

                              <http://www.lbis.jp/gohonzon/>

                              metta,

                              robin
                            • ryuei2000
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 4 4:02 PM
                                <rrobinrb@m...> wrote:

                                > --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Will Kallander"
                                > <wkallander@q...> wrote:
                                > As a technical aside, for all intents and purposes, "downloaded
                                from
                                > the Internet" includes both email and web transactions that you
                                > describe, as both email and web are a subset of the Internet. The
                                > disk scenario, while still a digital transferrence of data, is the
                                > only one not involving the Internet.
                                >
                                > Besides, where it is then later printed is not its origin, its
                                origin
                                > is arguably from the person to created the digital rendering of the
                                > physical copy (assuming that there was an actual physical copy,
                                ie,
                                > an original of Nichiren's handiwork).
                                >
                                > Just being pedantic,
                                > --Will
                                > ```````````````````````````````````````
                                > :)
                                >
                                > I just get annoyed by the condecsending references to downloaded
                                or
                                > Internet or digital Gohonzon. I assume the SGI issued mandala was
                                > digitally scanned, downloaded to some mediumm and cleaned up with
                                > image software.

                                This is an important point.

                                > As far as I know the only print quality images of Nichiren
                                originals
                                > available on the web (except the PG) originated with Dob Ross's
                                > scans of scans from the Gohonzon Shu book. The PG was scanned
                                from
                                > Don's original, which I think is from the Temple where it is
                                housed,
                                > which the late Senchu Murano arranged for Don to receive.

                                Actually, my understanding is that Senchu Murano had one of the
                                early sets of the Gohonzon Shu book of plates of the extant Nichiren
                                Omandalas, and that the Prayer Gohonzon was either one of those
                                plates or a print of one of those plates. Senchu Murano himself was
                                not in possession of the original Prayer Gohonzon.

                                Don Ross was given that Omandala specifically for him. He then went
                                on to reproduce it on his own. But Senchu Murano's copy was from a
                                book of plates and not intended for reproduction to use as Gohonzons
                                in the first place. But since the copyright had lapsed on it (or so
                                I understand) it was in the public domain anyway. If Don Ross or
                                anyone else feels that I am confusing the facts please correct me,
                                but that is how I understand it.

                                If anyone is curious about my own position on this (esp. as a
                                Nichiren Shu minister) it is this:

                                Neither Don nor Senchu Murano were in a position where they were
                                authorized to distribute that Omandala (whether the plate or a
                                reproduction) as a Gohonzon.

                                There is, however, no doctrinal reason to prevent them from using a
                                plate or a reproduction as a Gohonzon.

                                I believe that Senchu Murano gave that plate (or its copy) to Don
                                for a good reason and that it was an act of compassion and
                                generosity and I believe that Don received it in good faith.

                                Don subsequently took it upon himself at a later date to distribute
                                it in order to "democratize" the Gohonzon. I think his intentions
                                were good but on the other hand from the point of view of some it
                                was a questionable act because the Omandala had not been given to
                                him for that purpose, and he is not an ordained minister and so not
                                authorized by any lineage to distribute Gohonzons. But then, neither
                                is any minister or leader in the Rissho Kosei Kai, or Reiyukai, or
                                SGI for that matter and I have no problems with any of these groups
                                doing so.

                                My belief is that if you are a member of a Sangha (whether SGI, Shu,
                                Shoshu, RKK, or whatever) then you should abide by that Sangha's
                                traditions and procedures unless there is a very good reason not to.
                                That means that one should receive one's Gohonzon from that Sangha
                                in the manner authorized by that Sangha. I do not view this as an
                                issues that directly relates to one's enlightenment. I think too big
                                a deal is made about this. But I do view it as a matter of how one
                                relates to one's Sangha, and taking refuge in the Sangha is one of
                                the three refuges that is at the core of Buddhism.

                                As for Independents and others, they may do as they wish. They have
                                only themselves to answer to. That is good and bad.

                                As for the legitimacy of the Prayer Gohonzon - it is a Gohonzon
                                afterall, and one inscribed by Nichiren himself at that. I have no
                                problem chanting to one if I am visiting an Independent or other
                                Buddhists who are using it (as long as it is properly enshrined and
                                treated respectfully and in accord with Nichiren's teachings as I
                                understand them). If someone wants to join Nichiren Shu, I will
                                offer to bestow our Shutei Mandala upon them. If they want to
                                continue using their Prayer Gohonzon, I will perform an eye-opening
                                on it and effectivly consecrate it for Nichiren Shu use (yes, it is
                                just a formality but some people appreciate that kind of thing).

                                Namu Myoho Renge Kyo,
                                Ryuei

                              • gaydave53
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 4 4:51 PM
                                  Dear Ryuei:

                                  Your stance on the "Gohonzon" issue seems quite reasoned and
                                  appropriate to me...

                                  I think we're slowly developing similar attitudes in the SGI...

                                  I only have one issue with my Sangha's Gohonzon...(which is perfectly
                                  valid, of course)...

                                  It seems almost crazy that we continue to distribute a Gohonzon
                                  inscribed and authorized by Nichiren Shoshu exclusively for Nichiren
                                  Shoshu believers...13 years after we have left that sect and
                                  literally ripped it's doctrines to shreds (deservedly, IMO),labeling
                                  their High Priest as the living Incarnation of The King Devil of the
                                  Sixth Heaven and calling for the "eradication" and "utter
                                  destruction" of Nichiren Shoshu...

                                  I stand amazed that the members themselves do not seem to feel a need
                                  nor express a desire to embrace a Gohonzon distinct from our former
                                  sect....I, for one, feel that need very strongly...while I hold
                                  Nichikan in generally High regard, and feel comfortable with the
                                  Nichikan Gohonzon, I feel this needs to be done as an act of clear
                                  and permanent and eternal separation from the history and myths of
                                  Nichiren Shoshu....

                                  David
                                • Robin Ray Beck
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 4 6:38 PM
                                    --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Ray Beck"
                                    <rrobinrb@m...> wrote: I just get annoyed by the condecsending
                                    references to downloaded or Internet or digital Gohonzon. I assume
                                    the SGI issued mandala was digitally scanned, downloaded to some
                                    mediumm and cleaned up with image software.

                                    --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, ryuei2000
                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote: This is an important point.

                                    Ryuie, I think, has the history correct.

                                    And, I want to add my feeling that Hokkeko members have every right
                                    to knock Don, Scotty, rjm, J, myself, et al. They are being
                                    intellectually honest in doing so. For SGI to do so is the height of
                                    utter hyposcrisy.

                                    And BTW, KHS issues a copy of a Nichiren Gohonzon (the 1280 Nissho),
                                    the original of which is kept at the same temple Tamasawa-Myohokkeji
                                    Temple Built by Nichiren-shonin in Kamakura, and moved here --
                                    Tamazawa Mishima City (Izu) -- by the effort of Oman-no-kata.
                                    <http://tinyurl.com/5h7hc> as the PG. I am curious if they use a
                                    plate from the Gohonzon Shu book as well? Is that a KH temple?

                                    BTW, I think the Shutei Mandala original is at Kamakura Myohonji,
                                    which was Nichiro's Temple, donated by Yoshimoto Hiki (Daigaku
                                    SaburĂ´)? I think Nichiren was arrested there in context of the Izu
                                    Exile. <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nichirenpix/links >Bookmarks >
                                    C. Kamakura and Tokyo Area > B. Nichiren, Matsubayatsu Central & SE
                                    Kamakura Area > Myohoji, Myohonji, Choshoji, & Offshhots > Myohonji
                                    <http://tinyurl.com/472ot>

                                    Also, the only reasonable courses for SGI, IMO, would be to either
                                    get persmission to reproduce a Nichiren plate (unlikely) or hire a
                                    calligrapher to make a Bichiren Style Mandala along the lines of the
                                    ones that the commercial butsugu dealers sell. I agree with David
                                    Johnson on the Nichikan issue.

                                    I do not think it would be good for SGI to adopt a mandala without
                                    persmission from the Shu that owns it. Even SGI issuing the 1282
                                    Last Gohonzon would seem awkward, since I think Minobusan Kounji has
                                    the original.

                                    They should, and likely have, talk to Hota Myohonji, since I think
                                    they are Indy again, and own an original (the Shihon Man Nen Ku Go
                                    Dai Hon Zon) that is very unique, and was issued to Nikko. The SGi
                                    had persuaded Hota to join Nichiren Shoshu in the 50's. Oddly,
                                    Taisekiji still allowed then to issue their own Mandala Honzon.

                                    Hota does not have a web site I can find. I do not even know where
                                    it is, somewhere in Chiba? Their actual Honzon is pictured at
                                    nichirenpix in this rare photo though: <http://tinyurl.com/622ep>

                                    metta,

                                    robin
                                  • gaydave53
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 4 7:48 PM
                                      Robin wrote:

                                      > They should, and likely have, talk to Hota Myohonji, since I think
                                      > they are Indy again, and own an original (the Shihon Man Nen Ku Go
                                      > Dai Hon Zon) that is very unique, and was issued to Nikko. The SGi
                                      > had persuaded Hota to join Nichiren Shoshu in the 50's. Oddly,
                                      > Taisekiji still allowed then to issue their own Mandala Honzon.

                                      This really makes sense, Robin...in view of the special inscription
                                      on this Gohonzon...does anyone here know more about the authenticity
                                      of this Gohonzon ? It is noteworthy that Taisekiji diregarded its own
                                      rule that all Gohonzon issued be transcriptions of the daiGohonzon,
                                      in allowing the distribution of this Gohonzon...

                                      If it ever became available throught the SGI, it would have had a
                                      history as a legit Gohonzon of both sects!

                                      Thanks
                                      David