Re: Showing at SUA

  • jsjonesmiami
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31 7:39 PM
      --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Hanlen"
      <andyhanlen1@a...> wrote:

      > In case anyone wonders about SGI's political orientation, I got
      > this announcement today.
      >
      > ===================================
      > TONIGHT Sun 10/31 Kerry Documentary "Going Up River"
      >
      > This is an incredible movie about John Kerry's days in Vietnam and
      > his amazing protest movement against the war after he came back.
      >
      > This is playing at Soka Univerisity Tonight Sunday, Holloween (sic)
      > night at 6PM in Pauling 216.
      >
      > Please tell the guard gate that you are here to see student:
      > Timothy VanCampen
      >
      > In Pauling 216, the big theatre.
      > ===================================

      I met a Timothy Van Campen at a conference, if it's the same guy.

      Jeff
    • gaydave53
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        "Andy Hanlen"
        wrote:

        > > In case anyone wonders about SGI's political orientation, I got
        > > this announcement today.

        Andy, you really are barking up the wrong tree here...Certainly,
        college students should be free to program their own film
        presentations without interference from faculty or staff...

        Also, I think college students should be exposed to as much
        information...from all sides...as possible...

        Show "Up the River" and "Fahrenheit 9/11"...and "Fahrenhype 9/11"...

        Show that horrible garbage about the Swift Boat thing...

        Variety and opennness of information is paramount...

        That you see this as an example of SGI's political orientation is
        evidence of a certain "myopia" on your part...you do
        remember "myopia" don't you??

        Your claims in this case are ridiculous...

        Your claims of disinterest in the SGI are evn more ridiculous...

        As a non-member, you read, write and think about the SGI more than
        99% of the membership...

        Can you say "obsession"?

        Sorry to be so blunt...but you can handle it.

        Thanks
        David