[SGI] Re: Disaster film has scientists laughing

  • gaydave53
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      > jimcub3d@a... writes:
      >
      > << I understand that republicans feel some strange need to
      discredit the movie, and have focussed on its scientific inaccuracy.>

      That's because the Bush administration is aware that they have wiped
      out most of the progress made on environmental issues in the last
      decade before taking office...

      The Republicans, at least as embodied by the Bush Cartel, are enemies
      of the environment...and they know that makes them vulnerable...

      The movie is silly...but discrediting it is even sillier...and
      sadder...

      While I'm on a rant...I am convinced that, because of their collusion
      with the Christian right and their record of eviscerating the
      constitutional separation of church and state...even to the point of
      establishing the doctrine that the ultimate authority of our
      government is not the people, but their "God", the current
      administration is functioning as the Third Powerful Enemy...

      I personally feel a moral obligation to turn them out of office...

      David

      Thanks
      Davis