Re: [SGI] Re: Casting Nikken

  • XTNLION@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2004
      Yeah, I was thinking Marlon Brandon myself, but I do like the idea of Kathy
      Bates too.

      mysterium777@... writes:

      > Actually I think David Carradine would make a good Nikken. Who would
      > be Ikeda? Hmmm... Gilbert Gottfreid? No, more seriously, Marlon
      > Brando.
      >
      > Joe
      >
      > "gaydave53" <tapetodisc@h...> wrote:
      > >Sadly, the perfect choice to play Nikken is dead...Bert Lahr
      > >
      > >May I suggest some possible choices for consideration?
      > >
      > >Nathan Lane
      > >
      > >Don Knotts
      > >
      > >Anthony Hopkins
      > >
      > >Keanu Reeves
      > >
      > >Robert Duvall
      > >
      > >Mickey Rooney (remember "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?)
      > >
      > >Kathy Bates
      > >
      > >Thanks;
      > >David

    • gaydave53
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
        Andy wrote:

        My thought: this (below) is in very poor taste, creates no value
        and, in
        > reality, is destructive.

        Andy:

        Lighten up...it's harmless fun at the thought of casting Nikken in a
        movie!!!

        It's called parody...and it's harmless...

        <lSimply consider, folks, how you would respond to a similar thread
        about
        > casting someone to play Mr. Ikeda.

        I would laugh, if the list were funny...In fact I was thinking about
        a diverse group that might be considered to play Mr. Ikeda in a
        movie...

        But Charlton Heston's too old...and Yul Brynner's dead...

        Other candidates:

        Margaret Cho

        Robert Deniro

        Benny Hill

        Eddie Murphy (in makeup, of course)...

        Rip Taylor

        Michael Chicklis

        Jim Belushi

        Rejected: Pauly Shore, Ashton Kuchar

        To those who may be offended by my silly post, I would like to
        sincerely say : Stick a sock in it!

        There is no place in this buddhism for the dreaded species:

        'Assus Ti:tus Maximus..."

        We're not a cult....we DO have a sense of humor, neh??

        David

        (to be played on film by Dom Delouise and Burt Reynolds...)
      • XTNLION@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
          LOL - I had a great aural on that - think Arnold "Aaanold" Schwartzenegger
          saying "Stick a sock in it".

          tapetodisc@... writes:

          > To those who may be offended by my silly post, I would like to
          > sincerely say : Stick a sock in it!
          >

          > There is no place in this buddhism for the dreaded species:
          >
          > 'Assus Ti:tus Maximus..."
          >
          > We're not a cult....we DO have a sense of humor, neh??
          >
          > David
          >
          > (to be played on film by Dom Delouise and Burt Reynolds...)

        • Christopher H. Holte
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
            Who do we get to play Andy Hanlen? Can you play yourself?

            --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, andyhanlen1@a...

          • andyhanlen1@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
              In a message dated 2/2/2004 7:15:53 AM Central Standard Time,
              chris_holte@... writes:

              << Who do we get to play Andy Hanlen? Can you play yourself? >>

              LOL! Why would I be even in such a movie? A tiny bit part, at best, and
              better left out, IMO. But, if you want, and the pay is decent, sure I'll play
              myself.

              Cheers!

              Andy

            • shariputra_108
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
                Benny Hill would be great, but he's dead too. Remember when he did
                his Japanese character? Wow, it was so Ikedaesque.

                Joe

                "gaydave53" <tapetodisc@h...> wrote:
                I was thinking about
                > a diverse group that might be considered to play Mr. Ikeda in a
                > movie...
                >
                > Benny Hill
                >
                > We're not a cult....we DO have a sense of humor, neh??
                >
                > David
                >
                > (to be played on film by Dom Delouise and Burt Reynolds...)
              • Brian Holly
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
                  wrote:
                  > My thought: this (below) is in very poor taste, creates no value
                  and, in
                  > reality, is destructive. I do not adhere to Nichiren Shoshu
                  practices and indeed
                  > believe many of the core doctrinal teachings of that sect to be in
                  error, but
                  > this kind of thing can only insure that ugliness and hostility are
                  > perpetuated. Simply consider, folks, how you would respond to a
                  similar thread about
                  > casting someone to play Mr. Ikeda.

                  Andy, it's a joke name, like Biggus Dickus. - Brian
                • antizen@ultimanet.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
                    On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:01:27 -0000, "Brian Holly" wrote:

                    > Andy, it's a joke name, like Biggus Dickus. - Brian

                    He has a wife you know....
                  • Brian Holly
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
                      --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, antizen@u... wrote:
                      > On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:01:27 -0000, "Brian Holly" wrote:
                      >

                      > > Andy, it's a joke name, like Biggus Dickus. - Brian
                      >
                      > He has a wife you know....

                      Andy is married to Incontinentia Buttocks? No, I don't believe it for
                      a minute. - Brian
                    • shariputra_108
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 2, 2004
                        Andy could play Goldstein, the leader of the resistance.

                        Joe