Re: why i ilike this buddhism

  • rhammond2k
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hey Nina,

      Cool story about the scientists and the sound of the universe. Any
      idea where that might be in the form of an article or report?

      Robert

      --- In SokaGakkaiInternational@yahoogroups.com, rembrandtsphoto@a...
      wrote:

      > Further more, back in the 70's I was told a story about a group of
      > international scientists who spent 3 years at Prudoe Bay, recording
      the sound of the
      > Aurora Borealis. Their answer? Namu Myoho Renge Kyo, and they knew
      nothing about
      > buddhism.
      > upon returning from their research, while walkiing down the street,
      they were
      > approached by an NSA member, who told them about NMRK saying it was
      the sound
      > of the universe, his reply? How did yo know that, we have not even
      published
      > our report yet? Naturally, he became a member right away.
      > So, IMHO, you will find everything validates this sound
      > also, if you go to Burger King and ask for a fish sandwich, you
      cannot
      > possibly expect to receive a Whopper. So i f you chant the wrong
      sound, you will not
      > get the result you seek.
      > Ultoimately is it specifically about buddhahood, and NMRK is the
      key that
      > activates that potential.
      > Abracadabra will not.
      > nina

    • gaydave53
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 7, 2004
        <issendai2003@y...> wrote:>

        "... As I recall, there were two groups of mice held in separate
        containers. Prerecorded daimoku was played to one group for a
        certain amount of time – I guess days. And the other group got to
        listen to the Nembutsu chant. The end result was that the daimoku
        mice stayed very healthy and the Nembutsu mice became sickly...."

        A third group of mice was played show tunes only...they seemed quite
        pleased, and decorated their cages very tastefully, with the most
        FABULOUS window treatments! They did not, however, reproduce...

        David