Re: [SGI] printing Gohonzon

  • hanlen1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 89 , Aug 1, 2003
      Gabrielle wrote: << But I'm still being patient about the Gakkai responding to this again on its own and within its own time. >>

      I doubt that they will, Gabrielle. The response they already gave in PLN-030 was the best they are going to be able to do. Although that memo had a lot of flowery language and Gosho quotes, it boiled down to two things:

      1. A basic acknowledgement that there is no sound doctrinal reason to oppose independent Gohonzon production and/or acquisition.

      2. The Gakkai feels that SGI members should "be true to their school" by using only the Gakkai-authorized Gohonzon.

      What else can they say?

      Andy
    • Shermaine
      Message 89 of 89 , Aug 7, 2003
        Agreed with you Dan,

        unclepizza <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        people unable to visually see the gohonzon but are able to get benefit EVEN!

        ***You are so... right. During my first 3 years of chanting to blank wall due to ex-communication, this law still "take care" of me. Well, I do travel abit and neglect my gohonzon back home, still... I experience lot of obstacles and breakthrough simply chanting to blank hotel room walls.

        Imagine this, my leaders coming to my home and take away my "paper" gohonzon because I am neglecting it and they can protect it? Gratitude to my senior who taught me that the most important gohonzon is the one within myself, the one and only that nobody can take away from me.

        BTW, do recall my Japanese senior sharing with me about Gakkai exploring the concept of doing away with a gohonzon. Something like Nichiren first chanted facing the sun or east. Of course that was before Nichikan gohonzon came into the picture.

        There is gohonzon experiences from Asia that prove the great compassion of this law to withstand slandering. Been thinking of sharing one.

        shermaine

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT