Re: Re: [SGI] printing Gohonzon

  • Anonay
    Message 1 of 89 , Jul 31, 2003
      Dear Kathy

      I have waited for my Gohonzon for one and half year
      and it is worthwhile waiting. We are receiving the
      supreme object of devotion once in our life time. It
      must not be taken lightly. Especailly in Asia this is
      no musing matter.

      Regards
      Anonay

      --- Kamalika <kamalikabose@...> wrote: >
      Dear Kathy,

      > You are absolutely right. It's a matter of
      > reverence.
      >
      > Ask me. I have been told by my leader that I am
      > about to receive
      > Gohonzon. I saw all the Gohonzon prints on the net.
      > But I chose to
      > wait because:
      > a) It is teaching me to be patient.
      > b) I would rather wait for my special moment than
      > take a cheap
      > printout of my 'object of worship' and spoil it all.
      >
      > I know and I trust with my whole life that I will
      > receive Gohonzon
      > when my time is right. It is worth the wait.
      >
      > Just aired my own point of view. I am not justifying
      > it by any
      > manner; anyone else is entitled to have their own
      > views or
      > opinions. I am not here to question them or
      > anything. Nor am I
      > trying to get into another set of controversy
      > regarding right and
      > wrong. All of us in the world are entitled to have
      > our own views
      > and opinions. And I think the mystique law teaches
      > us to respect
      > each other's point of view as long as it doesnt
      > amount to
      > 'slandering' of the sutra or 'the object of
      > worship'.
      >
      > Love and lights,
      >
      > Nam myo ho renge kyo.
      >
      > Kamalika
      >

      > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 Tape2dvd@... wrote :
      > >Kathy wrote:
      > >
      > >"...Actually, I think that most who chant Nam
      > Myoho-renge-kyo do
      > >agree with that approach -- the approach of
      > revering the
      > >Gohonzon...."
      > >
      > >Yes..that's the key...
      > >
      > >I was recently reading over older Temple guidelines
      > for handling
      > >and enshrining the Gohonzon...
      > >While most of us don't strictly adhere to some of
      > those
      > >traditions these days...(leaf in the mouth,
      > etc.)...it's the
      > >overall attitude towards the Gohonzon that matters
      > most...
      > >
      > >Whatever Gohonzon from whatever source...the
      > essential point is
      > >respect for the Gohonzon...and accepting
      > responsibility for its
      > >care and protection...
      > >
      > >...by the way, I'm a stickler about americans using
      > the article
      > >when referring to the Gohonzon...the Gohonzon is an
      > object, not a
      > >sentient being...dropping the article is, in fact,
      > personifying
      > >the Gohonzon... ("Chant to Gohonzon", Get
      > Gohonzon",
      > >etc...)...but that's my personal peeve...do we
      > personify other
      > >objects in our environment?
      > >
      > >Thanks
      > >david

      > We meet to create memories and part to preserve
      > them...

    • Shermaine
      Message 89 of 89 , Aug 7, 2003
        Agreed with you Dan,

        unclepizza <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        people unable to visually see the gohonzon but are able to get benefit EVEN!

        ***You are so... right. During my first 3 years of chanting to blank wall due to ex-communication, this law still "take care" of me. Well, I do travel abit and neglect my gohonzon back home, still... I experience lot of obstacles and breakthrough simply chanting to blank hotel room walls.

        Imagine this, my leaders coming to my home and take away my "paper" gohonzon because I am neglecting it and they can protect it? Gratitude to my senior who taught me that the most important gohonzon is the one within myself, the one and only that nobody can take away from me.

        BTW, do recall my Japanese senior sharing with me about Gakkai exploring the concept of doing away with a gohonzon. Something like Nichiren first chanted facing the sun or east. Of course that was before Nichikan gohonzon came into the picture.

        There is gohonzon experiences from Asia that prove the great compassion of this law to withstand slandering. Been thinking of sharing one.

        shermaine

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT