Re: Actual Proof

  • Eddie_Estry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 1999
      Interesting to read your experience about
      overcoming fear. I had a similar experience when I first
      started chanting (to the wall at that time !) in
      1990.<br>I had to have an operation for the first time in my
      life here in Japan. I had always been petrified of
      hospitals, so the thought of being operated on in a strange
      country gave quite an impetus to my "experiment" with
      daimoku.<br>Then, all of sudden, after about 20 minutes (which was
      a lot of chanting for me then )a kind of
      "enlightenment" came over me. I had asked myself why some people
      seem to be able to be brave in certain situations
      whereas others go to pieces. And then I realised we are
      in control, and we make ourselves as frightened or
      as brave as WE OURSELVES want to be. We can set our
      own switch. All I had to do was turn it from FEAR to
      NO PROBLEM in my mind.<br>After this I realised the
      power of daimoku, enabling us to fuse wisdom and
      reality (kyochi myogo) with the fundamental Mystic Law
      which in turn gives us the self-empowerment to deal
      with ANY situation or circumstance which life deals
      us.