SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement for April 30

  • win_spirit
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Nobel laureate Gabriela Mistral (1889-1957) of Chile, was well
      respected as a humanistic educator. Indicative of the great spirit of
      compassion and caring with which she interacted with her students is
      her "Teacher's Prayer": "Let me be more mother than the mother
      herself in my love and defense of the child who is not flesh of my
      flesh. Help me to make one of my children my most perfect poem and
      leave within him or her my most melodious melody from that day when
      my own lips no longer sing." With this same spirit, let us care for
      and nurture young people.
    • win_spirit