Gosho for the day

  • win
    Message 1 of 2854 , Mar 30, 2013
      I have written out the prose section of the "Expedient Means" chapter for you. You should recite it together with the verse portion of the "Life Span" chapter, which I sent you earlier. The characters of this sutra are all without exception living Buddhas of perfect enlightenment. But because we have the eyes of ordinary people, we see them as characters. For instance, hungry spirits perceive the Ganges River as fire, human beings perceive it as water, and heavenly beings perceive it as amrita. Though the water is the same, it appears differently according to one's karmic reward from the past.

      (WND, 486)
      Reply to the Lay Priest Soya
      Written to the lay priest Soya in March 1275
      from "Daily Wisdom - from the writings of Nichiren Daishonin"
    • Robert Partick
      Message 2854 of 2854 , Sep 6, 2013
        Thank you Nathan.