SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement

  • win
    Message 1 of 2950 , Mar 4, 2013
      The efforts made by one individual can be immensely important. Nichiren Daishonin repeatedly states that victory depends not on numbers but on a group or individual's attitude or resolve. In one passage he writes: "Everyone in Japan, from the sovereign on down to the common people, all without exception tried to do me harm, but I have survived until this day. This is because, although I am alone, I have firm faith [in the Lotus Sutra]" (MW-3, 198). In other words, his strong faith enabled him to emerge triumphant. I find this passage deeply moving.

      from SGI-USA
      "For Today & Tomorrow"
    • win_spirit
      Message 2950 of 2950 , Aug 30 10:18 PM
          A s long as we pray earnestly and sincerely with all our being, if we have strong and genuine faith, even though results may not be immediately visible, they will definitely manifest without fail in generations of our children and our children's' children. I would like all of you to have absolute confidence in this. from SGI-USA "For Today & Tomorrow"   --- In sokagakkaiunofficial@yahoogroups.com, <win_spirit@...> wrote: Worldly success and good circumstances based on luck can easily crumble. They are as transient as an illusion. But the state of Buddhahood, once attained, can never be destroyed, not for all eternity. We will enjoy an existence overflowing with good fortune and immense joy in lifetime after lifetime.

        from SGI-USA
        "For Today & Tomorrow"