Re: What we can do for ourselves [SGI] :Re: Chanting for benefits question

  • jodine richards
    Message 1 of 149 , Nov 12, 2012
      Will Kallander, your understanding is the absolute opposite..it said, it is Independent and separate....not interdependent and non separate...

      Message 149 of 149 , Nov 23, 2012
        Very well phrased and I endorse what you say. Nevertheless, with
        Nichiren Daishonin who established this Buddhism for the Latter Day of
        The Law, having categorized his disciples into three groups may cause
        some people to wonder about which category they or their friends are
        apart. I don't think many members have heard this quotation, but what if
        this was disseminated at a large meeting. Maybe individuals of these
        different categories would become more apparent in the discussions
        afterwards. We all have our strengths and weaknesses without having to
        be concerned with which category we find ourselves or having our founder
        implying that we might be in one of them.

        Nichiren Daishonin also encourages us to be as inseparable as fish and
        the water in which they swim. Now we can think as each pond inwhich we
        find ourselves as one of his categories. Even so, at the time of death,
        we all return to our previous enlightened state as Bodhisattvas of the
        Earth. So there is a happy ending.

        --- In SokaGakkaiUnofficial@yahoogroups.com, "verrytesty"
        <verrytesty@...> wrote:
        Buddhism speaks to this reality; Unavoidably equal in what we
        fundamentally are. Unequal in our personal belief_AND_understanding of
        the fundamentals.