Re: [SGI] Re: The Myths of Nichiren Shoshu

  • Angela
    Message 1 of 126 , Aug 1, 2011
      Oh yeah. The evolution doctrine was another concept that made more sense to
      me than some guy making me in his image. And just how could I have been
      made in his image when I'm a black female and he is commonly depicted as a
      white male with dark blonde hair and blue eyes?

      I think that science should win the debate; hands down.

      Angela

    • djgropp
      Message 126 of 126 , Oct 29, 2011
        <<Nichiren Daishonin tells us, was like reading a diary he had written to himself ... Can you tell me in which Gosho that appears?
        vol.,page.>>

        You're right, Dave, it wasn't Nichiren and it didn't come from the Gosho. It was Toda and it was an excerpt from President Ikeda's "Lectures on the Lotus Sutra," Living Buddhism 08/01/1998 p.18:

        Astonished at his profundity and breadth of knowledge, someone once asked President Toda, "When did you study these things?"

        Smiling warmly, he replied: "While in prison during the persecution, I chanted sincere daimoku, and I studied. As a result, these things seem to have come back to me. The eighty thousand sutras in fact refer to my own life."

        These lectures arose from the vast state of life of President Toda, who had awakened to the essence of Buddhism while in prison.