Quotes/Congratulations on the new edition!

  • opticalphysicist06
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2009
      Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum mechanics cannot possibly have understood it.
      Niels Henrik David Bohr (1885-1962) Danish physicist.

      "What you cannot measure doesn't exist." (Author unknown)

      It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.
      Michio Kaku Hyperspace, Oxford University Press, 1995, p 263. (1)Available from Amazon.com

      I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
      Erwin Schrodinger
    • Randell Mills
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2009
        thanks for the quotes

        i have one: people will ask how so many were fooled by quantum
        mechanics or how there could be so many fools?

        On Sep 13, 2009, at 5:41 PM, opticalphysicist06 wrote:

        > Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum
        > mechanics cannot possibly have understood it.
        > Niels Henrik David Bohr (1885-1962) Danish physicist.
        >
        > "What you cannot measure doesn't exist." (Author unknown)
        >
        > It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this
        > century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the
        > only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is
        > unquestionably correct.
        > Michio Kaku Hyperspace, Oxford University Press, 1995, p 263. (1)
        > Available from Amazon.com

        unquestionably correct: in other words don't question it and don't
        think for yourself