Re: [SCQM] Re: Question about ..... Book in pdf

  • Peter Wolstenholme
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27 12:48 AM
      There is such a possibility, if you can obtain the full Adobe Acrobat package.
      It is a bit tedious but one can combine several .pdf files into one. I have used this to build complete chapters of books after receiving parts in separate files.  And of course you might need their text recognition (or similar) capability to search for anything.
                Peter W.

      amack43 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      --- In SCQM@yahoogroups. com, "Dr. Randell L. Mills" <RMills@...> wrote:
      snipped

      Would it be possible for there to be an option to download the next
      edition of the CQM book in its entirety in a single .pdf file? I know
      it might be a little large but most people have broadband now and it
      would help in finding text of interest more quickly if I can search a
      single pdf.

      regards

      antony

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • Tstolper@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27 4:10 PM
        In SCQM message 389 dated April 25, 2007, Antony Macken asked:

        Would it be possible for there to be an option to download the next
        edition of the CQM book in its entirety in a single .pdf file? I know
        it might be a little large but most people have broadband now and it
        would help in finding text of interest more quickly if I can search a
        single pdf.

        Second the motion.

        Tom Stolper

        **************************************
        See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
      • Luther Setzer
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 28 1:12 AM
          --- In SCQM@yahoogroups.com, Peter Wolstenholme <peterwolst83@...>
          wrote:

          > There is such a possibility, if you can obtain
          > the full Adobe Acrobat package.

          I suggest http://www.pdfedit995.com/ for a much more affordable option.

          Luke Setzer
        • dr_frank_camp
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2007
            Did anyone try using Google's desktop search application? It allows
            one to keyword search multiple files on your hard drive. Here is a
            link to their overview:

            http://desktop.google.com/