Re: [SocietyforClassicalPhysics] Residential Unit

  • Randell Mills
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2012
      Mike: I agree. I also noticed a typo. We have achieved a 10 W CIHT
      cell and anticipate 100 W and 1.5 kW prototypes by the end of 2012 and
      2013, respectively. The latter is planned to perfected to enable it to
      be ganged to 10 MW+.

      On Jul 3, 2012, at 9:59 PM, Mike Carrell wrote:

      > In New jersey, where I live, and BLP has its lab, the major energy
      > *distributor* is Public Service Electric and Gas [PSE&G]. The consumer
      > bill has two parts, distribution and generation. PSE&G is both
      > generator and distributor, currently mounting solar panels with
      > inverters around the state. Consumers are being solicited by
      > third-party energy providers promising a reduction in *energy* costs
      > by switching to them. The savings are a few cents per kwh. A CHIT cell
      > across the utility grid entrance could save about $.08/kwh by reducing
      > the grid load to zero. The grid distribution charge is significantly
      > larger, basically paying back the costs of providing the grid and
      > maintaining it. The customer ‘rents’ the grid as he effectively
      > ‘rents’ the CHIT unit’s output.
      >
      > What I don’t see yet is whether the BLP payback is based on total
      > disconnect from the grid, or just replacement of the grid energy. In
      > the early stages of deployment of CHIT, grid supplementation provides
      > as safety net for the consumer in event of CHIT failures. However,
      > CHITs are cheap, so buy two.
      >
      > In the long run, there is no technical reason in the way of
      > distributed generation as envisioned in the website. The problem of
      > matching the CIHT output to a 50 or 60 Hz load, including electric
      > clocks, is a solved problem.
      >
      > I think the BLP business plan is a winner and I congratulate all who
      > had a part in forging it. However, remember that Edison had to *sell*
      > electric lighting to a public associating light with fire, even after
      > he built an electric generating station and the distribution system to
      > light the conference room of JP Morgan. A small utility near NY was
      > the first buyer of the Edison system. The “grid” arose from the
      > inventions of Tesla and Stanley, enabling the present grid to
      > distribute electric power over great distances.
      >
      > With CIHT, we can come full circ le to distributed generation that
      > Edison was forced into, but failed. This time, we are in an upward
      > spiral to a better future.
      >
      > Mike Carrell

    • optiongeek
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2012
        Dr. Mills,

        A 10W cell is a huge achievement. At that scale, it becomes possible for a lay person to qualitatively assess the power being produced and reasonably convince themselves that novel physics is at work. I, for one, would very much like to see such a cell in operation. Is there any possibility of a public or semi-public demonstration being made available? I would love to see a 10W bulb being lit continuously by nothing but water vapor.

        --- In SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com, Randell Mills <RMills@...> wrote:

        > Mike: I agree. I also noticed a typo. We have achieved a 10 W CIHT
        > cell and anticipate 100 W and 1.5 kW prototypes by the end of 2012 and
        > 2013, respectively. The latter is planned to perfected to enable it to
        > be ganged to 10 MW+.
      • neufer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2012
          Thanks, Dr. Mills, for your response. When I asked "is this pretty close?" I meant to ask if am I close in my understanding of residential distribution (which you did answer.) I knew your projections from the press release but was glad to read them again and further that "we are in an upward spiral to a better future." This is an encouraging forecast for a world that has so much trouble.

          Do you have plans for an e-book format for GUT-CP? Also, a web-based html version with a TOC and linkable sections would make it very easy to reference subject matter in discussions and correspondence.

          David Neufer
        • Randell Mills
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2012
            That is on the list of milestones that we are working on.

            On Jul 5, 2012, at 11:07 AM, optiongeek wrote:

            > Dr. Mills,
            >
            > A 10W cell is a huge achievement. At that scale, it becomes
            > possible for a lay person to qualitatively assess the power being
            > produced and reasonably convince themselves that novel physics is
            > at work. I, for one, would very much like to see such a cell in
            > operation. Is there any possibility of a public or semi-public
            > demonstration being made available? I would love to see a 10W bulb
            > being lit continuously by nothing but water vapor.
            >
            > --- In SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com, Randell Mills
            > <RMills@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Mike: I agree. I also noticed a typo. We have achieved a 10 W CIHT
            >> cell and anticipate 100 W and 1.5 kW prototypes by the end of 2012
            >> and
            >> 2013, respectively. The latter is planned to perfected to enable
            >> it to
            >> be ganged to 10 MW+.

          • wedgevw
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2012
              Dr Mills, just to clarify for me, below you indicate you "have achieved a 10W CIHT cell" but in response to optiongeek you indicate it is a "milestone you are working on". Could you please elaborate? Thanks.

              --Lynn

              --- In SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com, Randell Mills <RMills@...> wrote:

              > That is on the list of milestones that we are working on.
              >

              > On Jul 5, 2012, at 11:07 AM, optiongeek wrote:
              >
              > > Dr. Mills,
              > >
              > > A 10W cell is a huge achievement..... I, for one, would very much like to see such a cell in
              > > operation. Is there any possibility of a public or semi-public
              > > demonstration being made available? I would love to see a 10W bulb
              > > being lit continuously by nothing but water vapor.

              > > --- In SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com, Randell Mills
              > > <RMills@> wrote:
              > >>....We have achieved a 10 W CIHT
              > >> cell and anticipate 100 W and 1.5 kW prototypes by the end of 2012 and 2013...
            • Mike Carrell
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 7, 2012

                This being Saturday, Mills may not respond immediately. The two statements are not necessarily inconsistent. The cell generates 0.8V, in the range of other chemical batteries. Watts = current  x voltage in any combination. CIHT cells can be larger in area, connected in series or stacked, to get higher power. The target for 2011 is 100W. Getting there will depend on many factors, to be explored by modeling, calculation, and experimentation. The 2013 target will involve advanced operating modes only hinted at in the website and the SCP conversation, plus issues of manufacturing design, reproducibility and reliability.

                Mike Carrell

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 7, 2012
                  A public demonstration is a milestone planned after optimization and off-site validation.

                  <RMills@> wrote:
                  ....We have achieved a 10 W CIHT
                  cell and anticipate 100 W and 1.5 kW prototypes by the end of 2012 and 2013...

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      SocietyforClassicalPhysics-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      SocietyforClassicalPhysics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  From: wedgevw <kurtz@...>
                  To: "SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com"
                          <SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com>
                  Sender: "SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com"
                          <SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 02:23:44 +0000
                  dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com;
                   s=lima; t41662955; bh=7i9c7oZP3pZ1qfv1IBxz5QwlM+ulnbdltmpeLOatPqM=;

                  h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth;

                  b=ozWX2JXjJdbllFw8wobFLDWfdchC49sxc+gKSXo1LiM1XE8uglRmeLXnxbzVEspLC8/bza6KKVMlXSHborbogNw0r2iTHwDCbEm/ZKeXmcBpWpJLZYTp7TbYB2VgiPB9
                  x-usanet-received: from esmail02.eservices.usa.net [165.212.64.9] by
                   gwsin02.mbox.net via mtad (C8.MAIN.3.82G)        with ESMTP id 154qggmJs8272Ms2;
                   Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:09:18 -0000
                  x-spam-flag: NO
                  x-spam-score: 0
                  x-spam-level:
                  x-spam-status: No, score=0 tagged_above=-9999 required=4
                          tests=[UsaNetSpamChecks=0] autolearn=unavailable
                  x-usanet-routed: 100 IN-RELAY R:gwsin:675
                  x-usanet-source: 98.138.215.188  IN
                     sentto-16011825-1143-1341662958-RMills+3Dblacklightpower.com@...
                   ng9-ip9.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com
                  x-usanet-msgid: XID873qggmJs4923Xd2
                  domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com;
                          b=Qf7ngtZIHHfHoEr9x8/jIPo2d1i9hkevwAyjFeIDRoqSRGT5pB1s7e8NNKT5NXisbzMgnZusMkGOW8CYHYFTyKS4nytrijwfvV7AyUJX0rDPekGC9zo2dvscZ+Iy+BXk;
                  x-originating-ip: 68.106.242.178
                  user-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
                  x-sender: kurtz@...
                  x-yahoo-newman-property: groups-email-tradt-m
                  x-yahoo-newman-id: 16011825-m1143
                  list-id: <SocietyforClassicalPhysics.yahoogroups.com>
                  mailing-list: list SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com; contact
                   SocietyforClassicalPhysics-owner@yahoogroups.com
                  x-apparently-to: SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com
                  x-received: from [98.137.34.72] by tg5.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP;
                   07 Jul 2012 02:23:46 -0000
                  x-egroups-msg-info: 1:12:0:0:0
                  x-yahoo-post-ip: 68.106.242.178
                  x-yahoo-profile: wedgevw