Re: [SocietyforClassicalPhysics] BLP and Fresh Water

  • Randell Mills
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2012
      On May 23, 2012, at 2:20 PM, neufer wrote:

      > Dear Dr. Mills,
      >
      > At the risk of sounding goofy, I'm doing a Snoopy Dance in response
      > to the advancements you have made. Futurists will have to focus on
      > the meaning of nearly free energy and how we can maximize its
      > benefits for the world's people. Fresh water can ease the
      > suffering of many. Can you estimate an approximate time range for
      > hydrino-tech to be able to power desalination projects?

      I'm sure that I could come up with a very defendable analysis to
      answer your question. But, any market analysis requires assumptions
      and adjustable parameters*. For example, it depends on the capital
      and resources actually being committed and the desalination companies
      adopting the technology.

      I feel comfortable with the projections of our press release since
      the program is pretty much within our control. Previously, the
      commercialization trajectory was not.

      * as an aside the same is uniquely true of quantum mechanics

      > Perhaps the oil-based infrastructure can be upgraded to become a
      > fresh water infrastructure. Pipelines and rights of way can form
      > part of a new aqueduct system. Tankers can be converted to put
      > desalination-brine back into the sea safely.
      >
      > Aside from providing power, will hydrino-tech directly change the
      > way desalination is currently done?

      It may. One scenario is that the driving factor changes from the
      cost of energy to the capital cost of desalination equipment of one
      technology versus another.

      > I hope for you (and all of us) the best of success.
      >
      > David Neufer

    • neufer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2012
        --- In SocietyforClassicalPhysics@yahoogroups.com, Randell Mills <RMills@...> wrote:

        > On May 23, 2012, at 2:20 PM, neufer wrote:
        >
        > > Dear Dr. Mills,
        > >
        > > At the risk of sounding goofy, I'm doing a Snoopy Dance in response
        > > to the advancements you have made. Futurists will have to focus on
        > > the meaning of nearly free energy and how we can maximize its
        > > benefits for the world's people. Fresh water can ease the
        > > suffering of many. Can you estimate an approximate time range for
        > > hydrino-tech to be able to power desalination projects?
        >
        > I'm sure that I could come up with a very defendable analysis to
        > answer your question. But, any market analysis requires assumptions
        > and adjustable parameters*. For example, it depends on the capital
        > and resources actually being committed and the desalination companies
        > adopting the technology.
        >
        > I feel comfortable with the projections of our press release since
        > the program is pretty much within our control. Previously, the
        > commercialization trajectory was not.
        >
        > * as an aside the same is uniquely true of quantum mechanics

        That's funny...

        I guess it will always be one step at a time even if it's the greatest thing ever.

        > > Perhaps the oil-based infrastructure can be upgraded to become a
        > > fresh water infrastructure. Pipelines and rights of way can form
        > > part of a new aqueduct system. Tankers can be converted to put
        > > desalination-brine back into the sea safely.
        > >
        > > Aside from providing power, will hydrino-tech directly change the
        > > way desalination is currently done?
        >

        > It may. One scenario is that the driving factor changes from the
        > cost of energy to the capital cost of desalination equipment of one
        > technology versus another.

        With the savings in energy and transportation costs, it seems likely that the cost of desalination equipment, and of all equipment for everything, will decline.  Over the years, when your processes can ramp up to provide the power needed for mass desalination, then the abundance of fresh water will just become a matter of national or regional will.  Water has always been a big issue in the American West.  Maybe one day, the Colorado River will flow freely again.  (TIA)

        David
      • Randy Mills
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2012
          With cheap energy, the equipment could be as simple as a heated pot of salt water and a condenser.