Re: not about nietzsche but...

  • monicadus
    Message 1 of 867 , Oct 29, 1999
      I think that the problem of sublime suffering anf
      cheap happiness is somewhat trivial for an
      existentialist. Whether on is gay and foolishly content, or
      sublimely experiencing lofty and ethereal feeling of
      "christian sufferings" it does not really matter. It is all
      he sane: a fictitious illusion played to act in the
      sheakesperian theathre of Life. We long for tragedies, without
      realizing that the very lymph...( sorry, obsolete word) of
      existence is irony. we are senseless creatures thrown in a
      void magically and sarcastically filled with
      richness...a richness we will never fully reach, because the
      sizing of one minute piece of that richness and
      copiosity involves the loss of a greter part. We have to
      choose...we cannot decide not to choose..and this would bring
      "personal growth and responsability" in a sort of rogerian
      interpretation of Life. On the other hand..it dis-closes the
      void. the absurdity of the void. <br><br>We fear our
      freedom, because in some ways the realization of freedom
      is a premature death. As Fromm said , men follow an
      automaton conformity to escape freedom...but when one
      evolves and diverges from the thinking frogs...( to say
      it with Nietzsche) ..from the herd...he dies in the
      ocean of his own richness..because there is no one to
      "permeate" with the absurd feeling of immensity.
    • zooink
      Message 867 of 867 , Jun 26, 2000
        Hey, that's cool. It ain't my cup of tea, but as long as the sky ain't falling, nothing is wrong with looking up.