Re: Tillich Oh- boy!

  • linus_from_the_moon
    Message 1 of 867 , Jun 6, 2000
      "Remember little of it, so it probably ain't
      about much."<br><br>- Funny you should say this,
      because Tillich is right up your alley, so to speak. I
      think I am beginning to see through your
      b.s.<br><br>Anyway, if you are truly interested in existentialism,
      Bob, and not just a fraud, you should consider taking
      on a deep study of Tillich. He could provide some
      focus to your own theological vision of the world. I am
      not very interested in religion or Christianity, but
      Tillich is fascinating.<br><br>Tillich writes:
      "....systematic theology proceeds in the following way: it makes
      an analysis of the human situation out of which the
      existential questions arise, and it demonstrates that the
      symbols used in the Christian message are the answers to
      these questions."
    • zooink
      Message 867 of 867 , Jun 26, 2000
        Hey, that's cool. It ain't my cup of tea, but as long as the sky ain't falling, nothing is wrong with looking up.