Re: Intuition (Impulse?) Evidence

  • Wordist
    Message 1 of 867 , Jun 1, 2000
      I see abundant evidence of a spritual
      renaissance: a revival of interest in the writings of Emerson
      and Thoreau; unprecedented popularity of radio talk
      shows, particularly the phenomenon of "Dr. Laura"; a
      return to traditional religions; the "conservative
      movement"; self-improvement programs such as Stephen Covey's
      "7-Habits..."; emergence of "alternative religion" and
      philosophies such as Scientology; and on the interent, the
      philosophy, religion, and psychology message boards (this one
      in particular) which are loaded with insightful
      commentary and questions.<br><br>The world is ripe for it.
      It is only a matter of time.<br><br>Perhaps the
      movement began with the writings of Emerson and Thoreau
      and got interrupted by the Civil War, then WWI and
      WWII and the other "little" wars of Korea and Viet
      Nam. But traditional religion, having done its job and
      (beginning with Copernicus and Galileo) been riddled with
      holes by scientific discovery, is making way for a new
      understanding of what forces are truly at work which affect the
      destiny of man.
    • zooink
      Message 867 of 867 , Jun 26, 2000
        Hey, that's cool. It ain't my cup of tea, but as long as the sky ain't falling, nothing is wrong with looking up.