Re: Do I fit my name?

  • Wordist
    Message 1 of 867 , Apr 23, 2000
      "...mind as a thing or a doing."<br><br>I regard
      the mind as a subsection of the brain--a thing. It a
      physical part of the brain where reasoning and memory
      definitions follow...<br>mind [mind] noun<br>1. seat of
      thought and memory: the center of consciousness that
      generates thoughts, feelings, ideas, and perceptions and
      stores knowledge and memories<br>2. thinking capacity:
      the capacity to think, understand, and reason (often
      used in combination)<br>3. concentration:
      concentration, or the ability to concentrate � My mind was
      wandering.<br>4. way of thinking: an opinion or personal way of
      thinking about something � I�ve changed my mind about
      going with you.<br>5. state of thought or feeling: the
      state of thought or feeling that is regarded as
      normal<br>6. desire: the desire or intention to act or behave
      in a specified way � After such insults, I had a
      mind to leave right then.<br>7. intellectual person:
      somebody considered in terms of his or her intellect or
      intelligence � Einstein was among the greatest minds of the
      modern era.<br>8. general type of person: a pattern of
      thinking or feeling that is typical of a particular group
      � Who knows what goes through the criminal
      mind?<br>9. PHILOSOPHY nonmaterial things: in the philosophy
      of Descartes, all things that are not matter
    • zooink
      Message 867 of 867 , Jun 26, 2000
        Hey, that's cool. It ain't my cup of tea, but as long as the sky ain't falling, nothing is wrong with looking up.