Re: merely neurochemistry?

  • LordMystick
    Message 1 of 867 , Feb 1, 2000
      You express the following
      properties of the brain. So it follows that the thought is a
      property of the brain. <br><br>Any extended thing is
      physical. So the body has certain physical properties and
      all its parts as well (shape, volume, mass etc.) One
      such property is divisibility. All things extended are
      divisible. I may sever my arm. I may sever my legs. Yet, I
      maintain the concept of Joe-ness. I am myself even though
      the body can be divided. <br><br>However, I cannot
      divide the Joe-ness, or that idea which is recognized as
      myself. The idea of myself is a property of thought.
      Thus, thought is not divisible and therefore is not
      physical. Further refuting the tautological claim that
      Mind=Brain.<br><br>What is fundamental is the thinking substance and all
      phenomenal appearances in the external are merely surface
      things. <br><br>LM
    • zooink
      Message 867 of 867 , Jun 26 10:12 PM
        Hey, that's cool. It ain't my cup of tea, but as long as the sky ain't falling, nothing is wrong with looking up.