Mankind's Eventual Saving Grace.....

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      1. We admitted we were powerless over our problems
      and behaviors — that our lives had become unmanageable.

      2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
      could restore us to sanity.

      3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over
      to the care of God as we understood Him.

      4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of
      ourselves.

      5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human
      being the exact nature of our wrongs.

      6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these
      defects of character.

      7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

      8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became
      willing to make amends to them all.

      9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible,
      except when to do so would injure them or others.

      10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we
      were wrong promptly admitted it.

      11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve
      our conscious contact with God as we understood Him,
      praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the
      power to carry that out.

      12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result
      of these steps, we tried to carry this message to
      others, and to practice these principles in all our
      affairs.

      As Adapted For Recoveries Anonymous

      http://www.r-a.org/H-Steps.htm