Re: I Dream'd in a Dream'............of a New Jerusalem?

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 29, 2007
      C. S. Lewis described what seemed to him a
      kind of secret society of men and women , "dotted
      here and there all over the earth." One could learn
      to recognize them, he said, and clearly they recognized
      each other. (Marilyn Ferguson - 'The Aquarian Conspiracy')

      --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
      <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

      > I dream'd in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
      > rest of the earth.
      > I dreamed that was the new city of Friends,
      > Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust Love, it led
      the
      > rest,
      > It was seen every hour in the actions of the Men of that city,
      > And in all their looks and words.
      >
      > Walt Whitman
      >
      > Earth needs a place where men can live away from all national
      > rivalries, social conventions, self-contradictory moralities and
      > contending religions; a place where human beings, freed from all
      > slavery of the past, can devote themselves wholly to the discovery
      and
      > practice of the Divine Consciousness that is seeking to manifest
      > itself.
      >
      > The Mother (Of Auroville, India)
      >
      > Bob M.

    • Bob Michael
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        "The Kingdom of God can never be fulfilled
        in time and space. Every Utopianism is doomed
        to metaphysical disappointment. However
        changeable human nature may be, it is not
        amenable to fundamental moral correction.
        Improvement in education and environment may
        serve to raise the general ethical level of
        people and to polish its original crudeness,
        but such improvements do not affect the
        freedom to do good and evil as long as man
        is man. Mankind does not become better; good
        and evil are merely raised to a higher plane."
        [Paul Tillich - 'On The Boundary']

        <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

        > I dream'd in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
        > rest of the earth.
        > I dreamed that was the new city of Friends,
        > Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust Love, it led
        the
        > rest,
        > It was seen every hour in the actions of the Men of that city,
        > And in all their looks and words.
        >
        > Walt Whitman
        >
        > Earth needs a place where men can live away from all national
        > rivalries, social conventions, self-contradictory moralities and
        > contending religions; a place where human beings, freed from all
        > slavery of the past, can devote themselves wholly to the discovery
        and
        > practice of the Divine Consciousness that is seeking to manifest
        > itself.
        >
        > The Mother (Of Auroville, India)
        >
        > Bob M.

      • Bob Michael
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          My only concern is how best to find, gather
          together, and then salvage and help resurrect
          to fullness and completeness of human being
          those few, rare individuals from here, there,
          and everywhere, who, by the grace of God or
          the hand of joyful fate have been endowed with
          a finely-formed and thereby sensitive brain
          and sensory system; and then continue on to
          develop a body of genuinely enlightened or fully
          awakened people, who will then go on to make
          manifest and propagate the finished and perfected
          human species here on earth after the necessary
          grand nuclear cleansing of the huge multitude of
          the irreparably neuro-biologically faulty victims
          of the evolutionary process takes place.

          --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Michael"
          <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

          > "The Kingdom of God can never be fulfilled
          > in time and space. Every Utopianism is doomed
          > to metaphysical disappointment. However
          > changeable human nature may be, it is not
          > amenable to fundamental moral correction.
          > Improvement in education and environment may
          > serve to raise the general ethical level of
          > people and to polish its original crudeness,
          > but such improvements do not affect the
          > freedom to do good and evil as long as man
          > is man. Mankind does not become better; good
          > and evil are merely raised to a higher plane."
          > [Paul Tillich - 'On The Boundary']
          >
          > Bob M.
        • Bob Michael
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 1:38 PM
            "Society everywhere is in conspiracy against
            the rediscovery and the cultivation of Love
            in everyone of its members. And this is simply
            a part and parcel of the fallen human condition." [Bob M.]