"This know also,.....

    Message 1 of 5 , May 23, 2007
      .....that in the last days perilous times shall
      come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves,
      covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient
      to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural
      affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent,
      fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors,
      heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than
      lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but
      denying the power thereof: from such turn away."
      (Paul)

      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2007
        "The findings on children in every culture who have
        been deprived of love, whether it be in a home, an
        institution, or whatever situation, are identical.
        Such children, by virtue of the fact that they have
        not been loved, don't learn how to love others. Their
        expected satisfactions have been thwarted. They have
        been frustrated and if the frustrations are sufficient
        in quantity during particular critical developmental
        periods, the response is invariably the same. The
        response is then with a mechanism which is calculated
        to elicit and evoke the love and attention which has
        been withheld. This response we call aggression or
        aggressive behavior." [Ashley Montagu]

        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2007
          "Where does my story, or yours, begin? When I trace the
          roots of my being, at what point do I distinguish between
          'my' self and the soil in which I was planted? When can I
          first say 'I am'?.....I could begin with the birth of self-
          consciousness. One day, when I was nine years old, I was
          walking down Court Street in Maryville, Tennessee. Near
          the bottom of the hill, fifteen feet from an apple tree,
          on a part of the sidewalk that was smooth enough for skating,
          I knew suddenly and with blinding clarity that I was
          different than my parents, my brothers and sisters, and
          my playmates. Self-consciousness descended on me like a hawk.
          In a sense, I might date the origin of my self from this
          moment.....But my consciousess was swaddled in a cradle made
          by nature and culture long before I knew myself to be a
          person apart from others. I was neither father, mother, nor
          architect of my own being. No self-made man. I grew like a
          seed in humus that was composted of the residue of
          generations. A nexus of communication of the living and
          the dead wove the tissue of my mind and body. My
          individuality was born from a web of life too intricate
          to unravel. Thinking back on the context that created me,
          I can only conclude that I must start my story with this
          affirmation: I was loved; therefore I am. As Martin Buber
          put it, "In the beginning was relationship"."
          (Sam Keen - 'The Passionate Life: Stages of Loving')