."If parents love their children".....K

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      "If parents love their children, they will not be
      nationalistic, they will not identify themselves with
      any country; for the worship of the State brings on war,
      which kills or maims their sons. If parents love their
      children, they will discover what is right relationship
      to property; for the possessive instinct has given
      property an enormous and false significance which is
      destroying the world. If parents love their children,
      they will not belong to any organized religion; for
      dogma and belief divide people into conflicting groups,
      creating antagonism between man and man. If parents love
      their children, they will do away with envy and strife,
      and will set about altering fundamentally the structure
      of present-day society."

      "As long as we want our children to be powerful, to
      have bigger and better positions, to become more and
      more successful, there is no love in our hearts; for
      the worship of success encourages conflict and misery.
      To love one's children is to be in complete communion
      with them; it is to see that they have the kind of
      education that will help them to be sensitive,
      intelligent and integrated."

      J.K. - Education and the Significance of Life, Chapter 6

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        The purification of the brain is necessary. The brain
        is the center of all the senses; the more the senses
        are alert and sensitive the sharper the brain is; it's
        the center of rememberance, the past; it's the storehouse
        of experience and knowledge, tradition. So it's limited,
        conditioned. Its activities are planned, thought out,
        reasoned, but it functions in limitation, in space time.
        So it cannot formulate or understand that which is the
        total, the whole, the complete. The complete, the whole
        is the mind; it is empty, totally empty and because of
        this emptiness, the brain exists in space-time. Only when
        the brain has cleansed itself of its conditioning, greed,
        envy, ambition, then only it can comprehend that which is
        complete. Love is this completeness. (J.K. - 'Notebook')

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2007
          .....We have our roots in the earth, which we have and
          must have, but we cling or crawl on the earth; only a few
          soar into the skies. They are the only creative and happy
          people. The rest spoil and destroy each other on this
          lovely earth, by hurt and likewise gossip.

          Be open. Live in the past if you must, but don't struggle
          against the past; when the past comes, look into it, not
          pushing it away nor holding it too much. The experience
          of all these years, the ache and the joy, the sickening
          blows and your glimpses of the separation, the far-away
          sense, all these will add enrichment and beauty. What is
          important is what you have in your heart; and since that
          is overflowing, you have everything, you are everything.

          Be alert to all your thoughts and feelings, don't let one
          feeling or thought slip by without being aware of it and
          absorbing all its content. Absorbing is not the word, but
          seeing the whole content of the thought-feeling. It is
          like entering a room and seeing the whole content of the
          room at once, its atmosphere and its spaces. To see and
          be aware of one's thoughts makes one intensively sensitive,
          pliable and alert. Don't condemn or judge, but be very
          alert. Out of separation, out of the dross comes pure
          gold.....

          .....One must doubt, ever search, see the false as the
          false. One gets power to see clearly through the intensity
          of attention; you will see it will come. One has to act;
          the river is never not action, it is ever active. One must
          be in a state of negation, to act; this very negation
          brings its own positive action.....

          .....One must be very clear within oneself. Then I assure
          you everything will come right; be clear and you will see
          that things will shape themselves right without your doing
          any thing about it. The right is not what one desires.

          THERE MUST BE COMPLETE REVOLUTION, not only in great things,
          but in little everyday things. You have had the revolution,
          don't settle back, keep at it. KEEP THE POT BOILING,
          INWARDLY......

          (K - letter to Nandini Mehta)

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2007
            ".....we live in our brains and not in our hearts, and
            *therefore love does not exist*. Love is the most
            dangerous and uncertain element in life; and because we
            do not want to be uncertain, because we do not want to
            be in danger, we live in the mind. A man who loves is
            dangerous, and we do not want to live dangerously; we
            want to live efficiently, we want to live merely in the
            framework of organization because we think organizations
            are going to bring order and peace in the world.
            Organizations have never brought order and peace. Only
            love, only goodwill, only mercy can bring order and peace,
            ultimately and therefore now." J.K. ('Book of Life' 11/25)

            Help yourself:

            http://bol.sourceforge.net/on-line/BookOfLife.php