Re: Dear friends.....

  • proustienne2001
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 31, 2006
      Dear Bob,
      I send you all my best wishes for your new venture. It sounds great.I
      hope that you have a happy and peaceful New Year.
      Peter
      --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."

      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 1, 2007
        Thank you Peter. I found too as a result of my adventure
        the importance of the messenger being with the message.
        And also in him being passionately, deeply, intimately,
        emotionally, and spontaneously in at least near-perfect
        correspondance or sync with the message.

        Also, and as a result of seeing and hearing myself from
        outside of myself, I can see the effects (and with a deep
        sense of gratitude) of the influence of a neat, older, and
        now deceased cousin of mine who was a very fine and
        loving example and influence in my childhood and teen
        years.

        Actually now having watched the video several times,
        I've kind of had another 'awakening' and some
        more and even deeper insights into and about myself
        and life. There are times when I'm watching it that
        William Blake comes to mind, along with the fact
        that nearly all of his friends and associates thought
        him to have been 'mad'. Although here again Christ
        was thought by many to have had a 'demon' in him
        too.

        So thanks again for your well-wishing Peter, and
        have a nice spiritually productive and growing New
        Year yourself. Though I would hope too that it's
        not 'too peaceful'.

        --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
        <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

        > Dear Bob,
        > I send you all my best wishes for your new venture. It sounds
        great.I
        > hope that you have a happy and peaceful New Year.
        > Peter
      • cosmic_hunter56
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 1, 2007
          Christ was thought by many to have had a 'demon' in him too.

          --Yes, Bob, the demons in others saw the goodness in Christ as evil
          because it represented a threat to their (their ego's) continued
          existence, much like the religionists of today call authentic
          goodness, evil. If Christ (a Christ Nature) returned today, His
          claimed adherents would, in one way or another, crucify Him again.
          Ironic, isn't it?

          It's great that you watched yourself talk, Bob. You get to see
          yourself as other people see you, which is a more objective view then
          one generally gets to see.

          Ken

          Message 4 of 28 , Jan 1, 2007
            Yes Ken, I too think the vast majority of
            his 'claimed adherents' would certainly want
            him out of the picture, and even the more
            integral ones among them would at best
            merely admire him from a distance, rather
            than strive to emulate (equal or *better*)
            him.

            And which is why the soon coming 2nd Christ
            ('Christ Nature' - thanks) must start from
            'scratch'. And likewise also since all existing
            organizations are everywhere deeply and fatally
            infected with the evolutionary decay, degeneracy,
            and/or mammon. Though I don't think this time
            around 'he'll' be hung again. That is if he
            plays his cards right.

            So far as being objectively self-watchful, I'm
            pretty near certain that I'm a far more keener
            and critical judge of my own human authenticity,
            or the lacking thereof, than would be the general
            public. Just take a good look at who the
            all-so-easily hood-winked masses put on pedestals,
            and in all arenas of life.

            Bob M.

            P.S. I am thinking here now of how J. Krishnamurti
            stepped out of the 'Order of the Star in the East'
            in his early days. But unfortunately he never went
            on to found his own rock-solid 'City of Light',
            so to speak. His school building was perhaps well-
            intentioned, but as we well know the road to hell
            is also paved with 'good intentions'. And also I
            have proven to myself, at least, and without any
            doubt, that if Krishnamurti ever returned in the
            form he was in back in the '20s, most of his own
            claimed 'adherents' would surely 'crucify' or at
            least want him out of the picture too.

            --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_hunter56"

            Message 5 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
              Yesterday I hand delivered copy # 31 of my
              v-tape talk to a mental health facility wherein I
              spent time as a patient on 5 different and rather
              short occasions (two weeks or less) between
              the years '68 to '94. I asked the staff person
              who I gave it to there to see that the long-time
              head of the Psychiatric Dept. got it. He was
              involved considerably in my 'treatment' or perhaps
              more like my 'case' over most of these stays there.

              There was another doctor that also 'treated' me fairly
              often and closely over those years too that I wanted
              to give a copy too, although I was told he recently
              retired and moved out west; but I'll try and get an
              address and send him one in the mail.

              Both these doctors were pill-pushers, so I've sent a
              short letter along with the tape stating, among some
              other things, that I've been and continue to be totally
              drug-free, for nearly 6 years, or since my last
              out-patient visit. Although even when I did take
              'medication', when I was suffering from my deep, dark
              depression of '93 to '99, I only took about 25% of
              the prescribed dosage and then not all that regularly
              either, as I knew full well that they weren't
              really the answer. Actually and with my very best
              thinking, I often thought suicide was the best answer.

              So while I feel somewhat good about giving out 31 copies
              of my talk so far, I still often get a sense of deep vanity
              over the whole project. I enjoy watching it at times when I
              make copies, and get hopeful thoughts of making some more talks,
              yet however I too so often quickly get that 'to hell with it'
              feeling. Mostly I guess because I'm fully aware that very few
              people anywhere are at all sensitive enough to truly and fully
              awaken from their sleep in the dust of the earth or their deeply,
              all-too-deeply, conditioned self-centeredness. Along with
              realizing just how difficult an authentic awakening indeed is
              even for one who in fact has the right stuff in the first place.
              And I would too count both of these 'good' doctors right along in
              there with the many, many irreparably lost and desensitized souls
              that I happen to see wall-to-wall everywhere.

              Bob M.

              P.S. Upon re-reading this, I'm now pondering whether
              that long 'depression' may have been more or less a
              protracted kundalini-awakening type experience? In any
              case I do know it was surely HELL. And it occured even
              after having definitely been to the 'mountain-top'
              previously, and far more than once. And now my despair
              for the sake of others ever truly 'breaking-through'
              seems to have become even greater. Though I'll not be
              going back to the 'nut ward' again over it.
            • cosmic_hunter56
              Message 6 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
                Hi Bob, in my experience, while climbing the spiritual mountain,
                there are periods, long or short, where the clouds of darkness break
                and let the sunshine in. And they are necessary for 'right
                encouragement' along the way, though do not mean the end of the
                journey. Actually, there is no end to the 'journey,' though
                enlightenment is said to arrive when the sun shines steadily, but not
                until.

                Ken

                Message 7 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
                  I could be wrong, but you sound sort of
                  text-bookish here Ken. Along with perhaps not
                  fully realizing how long and hard I've been on the
                  path. Krishnamurti left the scene rightfully saying
                  that 'no one lived the teachings' (or was
                  fully-immersed in God-consciousness), after speaking
                  nearly 70 years. Likewise many others down though the
                  centuries too have 'gone out' with the same realization.
                  And I know of no one who's had a radical and
                  total shift of consciousness, anywhere, save for
                  Mr. Tolle, yet I doubt very, very much that he'll be
                  instrumental at all in the awakening of others.
                  And simply because he has no real heart appeal.
                  Gurdjieff I feel too especially gave it everything
                  he had and also came up empty-handed.

                  Remember the 'self-delusion' factor here Ken, or
                  the rose-colored glasses. I think perhaps only Nietzsche
                  and I and perhaps a very, very few others have ever
                  fully removed them. VH??? I doubt it very much.

                  Bob M.
                  ______________________________

                  <cosmic_hunter56@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Bob, in my experience, while climbing the spiritual mountain,
                  > there are periods, long or short, where the clouds of darkness
                  break
                  > and let the sunshine in. And they are necessary for 'right
                  > encouragement' along the way, though do not mean the end of the
                  > journey. Actually, there is no end to the 'journey,' though
                  > enlightenment is said to arrive when the sun shines steadily, but
                  not
                  > until.
                  >
                  > Ken
                • Karen
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
                    Hey Bob:

                    I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know but you've been through and awful lot. What's most important is how you've risen above it. It's nothing short of miraculous, really. I believe what you say is true and that the depression that you experienced was all part of the process for you and your awakening. I'm sure those experiences have given you a compassion that only someone that has been through what you have through, can have for others in the same or similar situations.

                    You've mentioned how God has forgiven those things that you sometimes look back
                    on with a heavy heart. I know in my heart that's true. I hope that you've forgiven yourself too, Bob. That's what God wants you to do.

                    With love,
                    Karen

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
                      Seems one must 'smell the air' and decide for
                      himself whether the 'New Jerusalem' and 'the
                      abomination that maketh desolate' are going to
                      come to be in his time, Karen.

                      And if not there's litle use hanging around
                      in the wall to wall darkness, lovelessness,
                      and lifelessness.

                      I was thinking again today how the vast majority
                      of people are permanently locked into their 'sin
                      nature'. They are simply lacking in having a
                      conscience or the keen sensitivity and awareness
                      necessary to sense and then change their defects
                      of character. Indeed many are called - but few are
                      chosen.

                      Much like Kierkegaard states at the following url:

                      --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, Karen

                      Message 10 of 28 , Jan 13, 2007
                        And I'll add here Karen that yes, I have
                        'been through an awful lot.'

                        Which includes undergoing two grand
                        Luke 18: 29-30's. The one that separates
                        the men from the boys, and the talkers
                        from the walkers. The one I often point
                        out to the many all-too-worldly and
                        safe-playing X-tians. Likewise they also
                        balk at Luke 14: 26. Or coming to Nietzsche's
                        'hour of great [self]-contempt'.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                          Labels and drugs, but little hope offered
                          by a 'top dog' shrink.

                          One should be wary of these so-called 'pros'.

                          The following is an excerpt of a Psychiatric Evaluation of myself
                          (Feb.'83) made for the sake of the resolution of a criminal case
                          involving a (stone-sober) high-speed (rip, shit, or bust) car chase
                          by police officer leading to a rather nasty T-bone crash.

                          Mental Statis:

                          The subject presents as an eccentric-looking young man with a long
                          beard and usual clothes, looking rather comfortable and familiarly
                          calling the examiner by his first name. His psychomotor activity is
                          increased. His speech is productive and coherent with some rambling
                          and circumstantiality, which at times borders on looseness of
                          association. His thought content is on the one hand a preoccupation
                          with his own importance and potential grandiosity, and on the other
                          hand a function of dealing with his fear of his own worthlessness. He
                          has beliefs about himself and the world which are fixed and false and
                          in that sense he has delusions. He has no hallucinations. His affect
                          is shallow. His mood is one of anger hidden by a superficial veneer
                          of euphoria. He is oriented to time, place, and person and his memory
                          is intact for recent and distant events. Clinically, he appears to be
                          functioning at a normal intellectual level. His judgement is poor. He
                          has no insight.

                          Diagnostic Impression:

                          Axis 1 - Major Affective Disorder - Bipolar Type.

                          Comments and Suggestions:

                          1. The subject is an individual who has very poor contact with
                          reality. In addition to his hypomania, his reality testing is poor
                          and from time to time he looks more and more schizophrenic.

                          2, 3, & 4 are treatment recomendations.

                          5. Whatever the form of treatment for him, his prognosis has to be
                          regarded as fair at best.

                          **R/j**

                          Over the years I written to this doctor several times, generally
                          stating briefly how 'well' I felt I've gotten over time. And sadly,
                          yet understandably, no well wishes ever came back. Once a nut case,
                          always a nut case, I suppose it goes in the 'field'.

                          Bob M.
                        • Karen
                          Message 12 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                            Bob,

                            You're not a "nut case" and you never were a "nut case".
                            These people that try to "help" others that seem in need of it need ways to categorize and classify people so that they have guidelines and feel comfortable within themselves in order to "help".

                            That's all that it is. So they use the tools that they have available to them:
                            medication, categorization, classification, or hospitalization. I'm sure there are many
                            exceptions, but in their heart of hearts they believe they are doing the right thing.
                            That's meaningless in the scheme of things because there can be a lot of hurt
                            inflicted on someone when this kind of criteria is applied to them. Especially if it
                            is against their own will.

                            The sooner you can leave these experiences in the past,
                            the better off you will be. That's where they need to stay. They do not define
                            who you truly are in your essence. They never did and they never will. That doesn't
                            change the hurt and pain that you experienced, but perhaps it will put it in it's
                            proper perspective.

                            You don't know why that doctor never responded to your letter.
                            It could be for many, many reasons that you're not aware of and may have
                            absolutely nothing to do with you.

                            Peace,
                            Karen

                            Message 13 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                              Mom used to often tell me that doctors
                              bury their mistakes. Do you think they
                              drug them into oblivion sometimes too?
                              Or to where perhaps they're just as good
                              as dead, or maybe even worse off?

                              And thanks kindly, but I really need no
                              consoling nor any reassurance of my sanity
                              either, Karen.

                              Bob M.
                              ______________________________

                              Message 14 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                                Hi Bob:

                                I'm not sure what doctors do Bob. I'm not sure that I'd want to know if I did know.
                                Your mom is probably right; Moms usually are.

                                I'm glad that you don't need reassurance of your sanity, Bob.
                                I wish I felt the same way sometimes. It's probably just projection on my
                                part so please forgive me.

                                I guess that's what happens when someone calls me "nuts" and a "lunatic" multiple times in the same week. I end-up trying to reassure myself that I'm not, by reassuring someone
                                else. :~)

                                Peace,
                                Karen

                                Message 15 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                                  Well more and more I think God's
                                  'chosen few' come by and large out
                                  of the ranks of the 'nut cases'.
                                  And I think they sorely need doctors
                                  and nurses that were once quite sick
                                  themselves in order to ever truly
                                  recuperate.

                                  Mom's been gone for quite a long time
                                  now, but she was hooked on prescribed
                                  mood-altering drugs in her latter years.
                                  And it wasn't a pretty picture either.

                                  Bob M.
                                  __________________________________

                                  <miraclesofmind@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Bob:
                                  >
                                  > I'm not sure what doctors do Bob. I'm not sure that I'd want to
                                  know if I did know.
                                  > Your mom is probably right; Moms usually are.
                                  >
                                  > I'm glad that you don't need reassurance of your sanity, Bob.
                                  > I wish I felt the same way sometimes. It's probably just
                                  projection on my
                                  > part so please forgive me.
                                  >
                                  > I guess that's what happens when someone calls me "nuts" and
                                  a "lunatic" multiple times in the same week. I end-up trying to
                                  reassure myself that I'm not, by reassuring someone
                                  > else. :~)
                                  >
                                  > Peace,
                                  > Karen
                                  >
                                  > "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:
                                  > Mom used to often tell me that doctors
                                  > bury their mistakes. Do you think they
                                  > drug them into oblivion sometimes too?
                                  > Or to where perhaps they're just as good
                                  > as dead, or maybe even worse off?
                                  >
                                  > And thanks kindly, but I really need no
                                  > consoling nor any reassurance of my sanity
                                  > either, Karen.
                                  >
                                  > Bob M.
                                  > ______________________________
                                • proustienne2001
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                                    Yes indeed, Bob. In my experience also it is the so-called 'broken'
                                    or 'damaged' people who often have the most compassion and love and
                                    understanding. The have gotten in touch with their own pain and
                                    vulnerability and humanity.
                                    With all good wishes

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                                      Yes and the challenge and the work ahead,
                                      at least for myself, is to help bring these
                                      kinds to fullness of being, fullness of love,
                                      fullness of joy, Peter. Because my view is that
                                      they just aren't making it to the mountain-top,
                                      as there's too much going against them in this
                                      complex, cold, and darkened world. Hence the
                                      need for a good shining example of someone who
                                      himself has gone from rags to [deep inner] riches,
                                      so to speak. Along with a place of understanding
                                      and quietude wherein a genuine awakening and the
                                      full-flowerng of sensitive souls can truly
                                      take place.

                                      Bob M.
                                      ______________________________________

                                      <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

                                      > Yes indeed, Bob. In my experience also it is the so-called 'broken'
                                      > or 'damaged' people who often have the most compassion and love and
                                      > understanding. The have gotten in touch with their own pain and
                                      > vulnerability and humanity.
                                      > With all good wishes
                                      > Peter
                                      > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                      > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Well more and more I think God's
                                      > > 'chosen few' come by and large out
                                      > > of the ranks of the 'nut cases'.
                                      > > And I think they sorely need doctors
                                      > > and nurses that were once quite sick
                                      > > themselves in order to ever truly
                                      > > recuperate.
                                      > >
                                      > > Mom's been gone for quite a long time
                                      > > now, but she was hooked on prescribed
                                      > > mood-altering drugs in her latter years.
                                      > > And it wasn't a pretty picture either.
                                      > >
                                      > > Bob M.
                                      > > __________________________________
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, Karen
                                      > > <miraclesofmind@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Hi Bob:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I'm not sure what doctors do Bob. I'm not sure that I'd want
                                      > > know if I did know.
                                      > > > Your mom is probably right; Moms usually are.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I'm glad that you don't need reassurance of your sanity, Bob.
                                      > > > I wish I felt the same way sometimes. It's probably just
                                      > > projection on my
                                      > > > part so please forgive me.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I guess that's what happens when someone calls me "nuts" and
                                      > > a "lunatic" multiple times in the same week. I end-up trying to
                                      > > reassure myself that I'm not, by reassuring someone
                                      > > > else. :~)
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Peace,
                                      > > > Karen
                                      > > >
                                      > > > "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                      > > > Mom used to often tell me that doctors
                                      > > > bury their mistakes. Do you think they
                                      > > > drug them into oblivion sometimes too?
                                      > > > Or to where perhaps they're just as good
                                      > > > as dead, or maybe even worse off?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > And thanks kindly, but I really need no
                                      > > > consoling nor any reassurance of my sanity
                                      > > > either, Karen.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Bob M.
                                      > > > ______________________________

                                    • proustienne2001
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Jan 14, 2007
                                        I agree with you, Bob. The important thing is to be on the journey
                                        towards the mountain-top. Your dedication and integrity is a great
                                        example to those souls at a lesser level of evolution. You are a
                                        beacon of light. Your encouragement can and I am sure does help those
                                        still struggling move towards greater clarity and peace in their own
                                        lives. Patience is very important. Change takes time. Some people
                                        have been on the road longer than others. Every human being has a
                                        different story and a different journey to make. Keep up the good
                                        work, Bob.
                                        With all my best wishes

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                                          Thanks again for your encouragement Peter, yet
                                          I still think a place of solitude, away from the
                                          noise of world, is very necessary. And without
                                          which no one will ever really 'make it'.

                                          Bob M.
                                          _____________________________________

                                          <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

                                          > I agree with you, Bob. The important thing is to be on the journey
                                          > towards the mountain-top. Your dedication and integrity is a great
                                          > example to those souls at a lesser level of evolution. You are a
                                          > beacon of light. Your encouragement can and I am sure does help
                                          those
                                          > still struggling move towards greater clarity and peace in their
                                          own
                                          > lives. Patience is very important. Change takes time. Some people
                                          > have been on the road longer than others. Every human being has a
                                          > different story and a different journey to make. Keep up the good
                                          > work, Bob.
                                          > With all my best wishes
                                          > Peter
                                        • proustienne2001
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                                            Yes indeed, Bob. I agree with you. Christ himself spent 40 days and
                                            nights in the desert.

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                                              Yes, virtually all the men that I've studied who
                                              were called out of the ranks of the all-too-human
                                              spent much developmental time in solitude, Peter.

                                              And in these last complicated, complex, money-
                                              grubbing, mad, and noisy days I think more like
                                              400 days in the 'wilderness' (though with some
                                              good company) may be necessary in order for a
                                              totally new being to fully develop and emerge.

                                              Bob M.
                                              __________________________________

                                              <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

                                              > Yes indeed, Bob. I agree with you. Christ himself spent 40 days and
                                              > nights in the desert.
                                              > Peter
                                              > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                              > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > Thanks again for your encouragement Peter, yet
                                              > > I still think a place of solitude, away from the
                                              > > noise of world, is very necessary. And without
                                              > > which no one will ever really 'make it'.
                                              > >
                                              > > Bob M.
                                              > > _____________________________________
                                              > >
                                              > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
                                              > > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
                                              > > >
                                              > > > I agree with you, Bob. The important thing is to be on the
                                              > journey
                                              > > > towards the mountain-top. Your dedication and integrity is a
                                              > great
                                              > > > example to those souls at a lesser level of evolution. You are
                                              > > > beacon of light. Your encouragement can and I am sure does help
                                              > > those
                                              > > > still struggling move towards greater clarity and peace in
                                              their
                                              > > own
                                              > > > lives. Patience is very important. Change takes time. Some
                                              people
                                              > > > have been on the road longer than others. Every human being has
                                              > > > different story and a different journey to make. Keep up the
                                              good
                                              > > > work, Bob.
                                              > > > With all my best wishes
                                              > > > Peter

                                            • proustienne2001
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                                                Very well said, Bob.
                                                <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

                                                > Yes, virtually all the men that I've studied who
                                                > were called out of the ranks of the all-too-human
                                                > spent much developmental time in solitude, Peter.
                                                >
                                                > And in these last complicated, complex, money-
                                                > grubbing, mad, and noisy days I think more like
                                                > 400 days in the 'wilderness' (though with some
                                                > good company) may be necessary in order for a
                                                > totally new being to fully develop and emerge.
                                                >
                                                > Bob M.
                                                > __________________________________
                                                >

                                                > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
                                                > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Yes indeed, Bob. I agree with you. Christ himself spent 40 days
                                                and
                                                > > nights in the desert.
                                                > > Peter
                                                > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                                > > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Thanks again for your encouragement Peter, yet
                                                > > > I still think a place of solitude, away from the
                                                > > > noise of world, is very necessary. And without
                                                > > > which no one will ever really 'make it'.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Bob M.
                                                > > > _____________________________________
                                                > > >
                                                > > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"

                                                > > journey
                                                > > great
                                                > > > those
                                                > their
                                                > > > own
                                                > people
                                                > good

                                              • cosmic_hunter56
                                                Message 23 of 28 , Jan 15, 2007
                                                  And in these last complicated, complex, money-grubbing, mad, and
                                                  noisy days...

                                                  Yes, Bob, and where the over-intellectualizing of simple truths
                                                  becomes an "avoid-dance" just like any other. I recently quit two
                                                  forums where I was posting because of this. Over complicating
                                                  simple/basic truths, I've learned, is a game often played to prevent
                                                  the penetration of meaning. And once crystallization has reached a
                                                  certain point, there is no breaking through the barricade, no
                                                  cracking the shell of belief and delusion.

                                                  Where the fragment of intellect is elevated above all others, the
                                                  mind becomes like an endless wanderer in the desert of mirages, a
                                                  wasteland without any real direction. Nothing changes except the
                                                  direction of the wind which, itself, is accompanied by blinding
                                                  sandstorms.

                                                  Indeed, as you have pointed out, the hearts and minds of our fellows
                                                  have become barren; thinking has taken the place of "seeing." So an
                                                  excursion into the 'wilderness' sounds good right about now, maybe
                                                  I'll see you there. :o)

                                                  Ken

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Jan 16, 2007
                                                    Yes, but now I got to DO IT, Peter. Be
                                                    that 'good company'.

                                                    Talk is cheap - even for myself at times
                                                    yet.

                                                    Bob M.
                                                    _______________________________

                                                    <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

                                                    > Very well said, Bob.
                                                    > Peter
                                                    > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                                    > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Yes, virtually all the men that I've studied who
                                                    > > were called out of the ranks of the all-too-human
                                                    > > spent much developmental time in solitude, Peter.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > And in these last complicated, complex, money-
                                                    > > grubbing, mad, and noisy days I think more like
                                                    > > 400 days in the 'wilderness' (though with some
                                                    > > good company) may be necessary in order for a
                                                    > > totally new being to fully develop and emerge.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Bob M.
                                                    > > __________________________________
                                                  • cosmic_hunter56
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Jan 16, 2007
                                                      Amen to that Bob.

                                                      Ken

                                                      <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

                                                      > Yes, but now I got to DO IT, Peter. Be
                                                      > that 'good company'.
                                                      >
                                                      > Talk is cheap - even for myself at times
                                                      > yet.
                                                      >
                                                      > Bob M.
                                                      > _______________________________
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
                                                      > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Very well said, Bob.
                                                      > > Peter
                                                      > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                                      > > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Yes, virtually all the men that I've studied who
                                                      > > > were called out of the ranks of the all-too-human
                                                      > > > spent much developmental time in solitude, Peter.
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > And in these last complicated, complex, money-
                                                      > > > grubbing, mad, and noisy days I think more like
                                                      > > > 400 days in the 'wilderness' (though with some
                                                      > > > good company) may be necessary in order for a
                                                      > > > totally new being to fully develop and emerge.
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Bob M.
                                                      > > > __________________________________

                                                    • proustienne2001
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Jan 16, 2007
                                                        Yes indeed, Ken. "Thinking" is so often a means of disengaging from
                                                        the present moment, from not being conscious and aware in the moment.
                                                        Thinking allows us to retreat into introspection and prevents us
                                                        putting our attention where it is needed, that is out into the world.

                                                        Peter
                                                        <cosmic_hunter56@...> wrote:

                                                        > And in these last complicated, complex, money-grubbing, mad, and
                                                        > noisy days...
                                                        >
                                                        > Yes, Bob, and where the over-intellectualizing of simple truths
                                                        > becomes an "avoid-dance" just like any other. I recently quit two
                                                        > forums where I was posting because of this. Over complicating
                                                        > simple/basic truths, I've learned, is a game often played to
                                                        prevent
                                                        > the penetration of meaning. And once crystallization has reached a
                                                        > certain point, there is no breaking through the barricade, no
                                                        > cracking the shell of belief and delusion.
                                                        >
                                                        > Where the fragment of intellect is elevated above all others, the
                                                        > mind becomes like an endless wanderer in the desert of mirages, a
                                                        > wasteland without any real direction. Nothing changes except the
                                                        > direction of the wind which, itself, is accompanied by blinding
                                                        > sandstorms.
                                                        >
                                                        > Indeed, as you have pointed out, the hearts and minds of our
                                                        fellows
                                                        > have become barren; thinking has taken the place of "seeing." So an
                                                        > excursion into the 'wilderness' sounds good right about now, maybe
                                                        > I'll see you there. :o)
                                                        >
                                                        > Ken
                                                        >
                                                        > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
                                                        > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Yes, virtually all the men that I've studied who
                                                        > > were called out of the ranks of the all-too-human
                                                        > > spent much developmental time in solitude, Peter.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > And in these last complicated, complex, money-
                                                        > > grubbing, mad, and noisy days I think more like
                                                        > > 400 days in the 'wilderness' (though with some
                                                        > > good company) may be necessary in order for a
                                                        > > totally new being to fully develop and emerge.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Bob M.
                                                        > > __________________________________
                                                        > >

                                                        > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
                                                        > > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
                                                        > > >
                                                        > > > Yes indeed, Bob. I agree with you. Christ himself spent 40 days
                                                        > and
                                                        > > > nights in the desert.
                                                        > > > Peter
                                                        > > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."

                                                        Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"

                                                        > > > journey
                                                        > > > great
                                                        > are
                                                        > help
                                                        > > their
                                                        > > people
                                                        > has
                                                        > > good

                                                      • cosmic_hunter56
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Jan 16, 2007
                                                          Yes, Peter, and the wall of self hardens as one falls in love with
                                                          his preferred philosophy.

                                                          Ken