Re: Loud and clear the message came.....

  • proustienne2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
      Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When you
      say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is sending
      a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart and soul
      of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be like to
      treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is important to
      learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build ourselves up
      or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
      Peter
      --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Being 'very harsh' with ourselves is a natural part of the process,
        I'm afraid Peter. Remember how it's been said that in order to purify
        the dross, much heat is needed to bring forth the gold? Of course
        being a highly sensitive soul in itself automatically dictates that
        we be hard on ourselves. But then there are also many escape routes
        or wrong roads (easier, softer, ways) along the way that one can take
        to avoid the heat. So one must be intelligent, watchful, and vigilant
        too, along with putting his soul on the rack.

        "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, WHICH LEADETH
        UNTO LIFE, and *few* there be that find it."

        --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
        <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

        > Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When
        you
        > say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is
        sending
        > a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart and
        soul
        > of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be like
        > treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is important
        > learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build ourselves
        up
        > or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
        > Peter
        > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
        > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
        > >
        > > .....once again at an AA speaker's meeting just two doors up the
        > street
        > > this evening. And thick skulls like mine still needs reminders
        from
        > > time to time.
        > >
        > > "Whatever a man cannot or will not reveal, our Heavenly Father
        will
        > not
        > > heal."
        > >
        > > Steps 4 & 5 of 12
        > >
        > > Bob M.

      • proustienne2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Bob, on the contrary, I think that being harsh with oneself is quite
          unnatural. It actually reinforces that distressed state of emotional
          and psychic turmoil. It is all part of that faulty sensory perception
          that is unable to register what is wrong as wrong. It does not allow
          or facilitate healing or renewal. It is the antithesis of love and
          intimacy and relatedness.
          <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

          > Being 'very harsh' with ourselves is a natural part of the process,
          > I'm afraid Peter. Remember how it's been said that in order to
          purify
          > the dross, much heat is needed to bring forth the gold? Of course
          > being a highly sensitive soul in itself automatically dictates that
          > we be hard on ourselves. But then there are also many escape routes
          > or wrong roads (easier, softer, ways) along the way that one can
          take
          > to avoid the heat. So one must be intelligent, watchful, and
          vigilant
          > too, along with putting his soul on the rack.
          >
          > "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, WHICH LEADETH
          > UNTO LIFE, and *few* there be that find it."

          > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
          > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When
          > you
          > > say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is
          > sending
          > > a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart
          and
          > soul
          > > of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be
          like
          > > treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is
          important
          > > learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build
          ourselves
          > up
          > > or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
          > > Peter
          > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
          > > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > .....once again at an AA speaker's meeting just two doors up
          the
          > > street
          > > > this evening. And thick skulls like mine still needs reminders
          > from
          > > > time to time.
          > > >
          > > > "Whatever a man cannot or will not reveal, our Heavenly Father
          > will
          > > not
          > > > heal."
          > > >
          > > > Steps 4 & 5 of 12
          > > >
          > > > Bob M.

        • cosmic_hunter56
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            By "harsh" Bob, do you mean ruthlessly honest? Ken

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              Yes Ken, Peter initially used the term (very harsh) and I just followed
              along with it.

              It my particular 'program', it's said that 'rigorous (self) honesty' is
              demanded, that is if one is to become free from the bondage of self.

              --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_hunter56"