Loud and clear the message came.....

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2006
      .....once again at an AA speaker's meeting just two doors up the street
      this evening. And thick skulls like mine still needs reminders from
      time to time.

      "Whatever a man cannot or will not reveal, our Heavenly Father will not
      heal."

      Steps 4 & 5 of 12

    • proustienne2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
        Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When you
        say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is sending
        a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart and soul
        of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be like to
        treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is important to
        learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build ourselves up
        or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
        Peter
        --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
          Being 'very harsh' with ourselves is a natural part of the process,
          I'm afraid Peter. Remember how it's been said that in order to purify
          the dross, much heat is needed to bring forth the gold? Of course
          being a highly sensitive soul in itself automatically dictates that
          we be hard on ourselves. But then there are also many escape routes
          or wrong roads (easier, softer, ways) along the way that one can take
          to avoid the heat. So one must be intelligent, watchful, and vigilant
          too, along with putting his soul on the rack.

          "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, WHICH LEADETH
          UNTO LIFE, and *few* there be that find it."

          --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
          <proustienne2001@...> wrote:

          > Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When
          you
          > say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is
          sending
          > a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart and
          soul
          > of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be like
          > treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is important
          > learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build ourselves
          up
          > or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
          > Peter
          > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
          > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > .....once again at an AA speaker's meeting just two doors up the
          > street
          > > this evening. And thick skulls like mine still needs reminders
          from
          > > time to time.
          > >
          > > "Whatever a man cannot or will not reveal, our Heavenly Father
          will
          > not
          > > heal."
          > >
          > > Steps 4 & 5 of 12
          > >
          > > Bob M.

        • proustienne2001
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
            Bob, on the contrary, I think that being harsh with oneself is quite
            unnatural. It actually reinforces that distressed state of emotional
            and psychic turmoil. It is all part of that faulty sensory perception
            that is unable to register what is wrong as wrong. It does not allow
            or facilitate healing or renewal. It is the antithesis of love and
            intimacy and relatedness.
            <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

            > Being 'very harsh' with ourselves is a natural part of the process,
            > I'm afraid Peter. Remember how it's been said that in order to
            purify
            > the dross, much heat is needed to bring forth the gold? Of course
            > being a highly sensitive soul in itself automatically dictates that
            > we be hard on ourselves. But then there are also many escape routes
            > or wrong roads (easier, softer, ways) along the way that one can
            take
            > to avoid the heat. So one must be intelligent, watchful, and
            vigilant
            > too, along with putting his soul on the rack.
            >
            > "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, WHICH LEADETH
            > UNTO LIFE, and *few* there be that find it."

            > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "proustienne2001"
            > <proustienne2001@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Bob, it seems to me as if you are very harsh with yourself. When
            > you
            > > say things about yourself like "thick skulls like mine" this is
            > sending
            > > a powerful and disturbing negative message into the very heart
            and
            > soul
            > > of your psyche. Perhaps if you could imagine what it might be
            like
            > > treat yourself with more gentleness and compassion. It is
            important
            > > learn to be with oneself in a benign way. We either build
            ourselves
            > up
            > > or put ourselves down often in very subtle ways.
            > > Peter
            > > --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
            > > <new_trail_blazer@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > .....once again at an AA speaker's meeting just two doors up
            the
            > > street
            > > > this evening. And thick skulls like mine still needs reminders
            > from
            > > > time to time.
            > > >
            > > > "Whatever a man cannot or will not reveal, our Heavenly Father
            > will
            > > not
            > > > heal."
            > > >
            > > > Steps 4 & 5 of 12
            > > >
            > > > Bob M.

          • cosmic_hunter56
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
              By "harsh" Bob, do you mean ruthlessly honest? Ken

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2006
                Yes Ken, Peter initially used the term (very harsh) and I just followed
                along with it.

                It my particular 'program', it's said that 'rigorous (self) honesty' is
                demanded, that is if one is to become free from the bondage of self.

                --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "cosmic_hunter56"