A Marvelous Exchange

  • cosmic_hunter56
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 26, 2006
      Bob and Peter: In the past few minutes I have been listening to a talk
      by Guy Finley where a Catholic priest secretly writes him asking for
      advice. The priest is torn between leaving the priesthood or confronting
      the corruption and hypocrisy he is experiencing. There is a marvelous
      exchange that takes place that I think you both would appreciate because
      it touches on so many of the things we've been discussing. Here is a
      link to the free audio download:

      http://www.mentoraudio.com/index.php?date=2006-06-13
      <http://www.mentoraudio.com/index.php?date=2006-06-13>

      The talk was given, June 13, 2006. KT

    • cosmic_hunter56
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 30, 2006
        Could be, Bob. It is speculative that my grandfather had it, but I
        think it is an inherited "autoimmune" disease that runs in my family.
        My mom got it at the same age, and after my brother received my
        marrow (i.e., my immune system profile along with it), he came down
        with it as well. Ironically, when I told my mom that I bet her dad
        had it too (since her mother did not),it seemed to help bring her
        peace, knowing that hypothyroidism can contribute to depression. In
        the day her father got it (if he did), they had no way of testing for
        it.

        There was a period when I was heavily into drugs/drinking, and
        getting high but, fortunately, I do not seem to have strong addictive
        tendencies. It is lucky I did not come to bad end because I was
        pretty reckless back then. Ken

        --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
        <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

        > My dad suffered too from hypothyroidism in his last days, along
        with
        > having some 'mental-health' problems. And I've come to sense that
        often
        > both of these conditions are common among highly-sensitive people.
        > Those who don't manage to take the 'leap' in time. Yet dad worked,
        > drank, and smoked heavily (the three main tools that he used to get
        > through reasonably comfortably his visit here to the grand asylum)
        up