A story of another 'life'-lacking rich man who owns no dog....

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2006
      Mr. Krishnamurti's previously posted observations (#2613) of the
      empty rich man reminds me a lot of a long time friend and co-worker
      (actually the boss) of mine. Although I've distanced myself from him
      almost totally over the past 5 years. And while he could indeed be
      considered rich too, actually I think he's far wealthier than he lets
      on to be, I can clearly see the emptyness, the void, the
      insecurities, the lacking of a full and happy human spirit in him.
      Over the years I've tried often to open up his heart to Mr.
      Krishnamurti's and other various (life giving) 'teachings', and which
      he was always quick to criticize, condemn, and fully negate.

      A couple of weeks ago I paid him a visit at his house. We sat and
      talked for about two hours in his living room. All the while he had
      the History Channel turned on the television which was showing old
      world-war two films at the time. Clearly I could sense his 'prison
      walls' were still up high and strong all the while we talked. I paid
      little mind to the TV, but when there was a gory scene on it he'd
      point it to my attention. He held up a biography on Adolf Hitler
      which he said he was currently reading, and whom he always seemed to
      be pretty well-versed on. We talked more about old times than I would
      have really liked to, but I did get some good shots in now and then
      that were aimed to try and shock him out of his rich, dead, and empty
      self. And when I left I felt pretty content with myself that I gave
      my best (and final?) efforts to try and help tear his walls down, if
      such a thing is at all possible anymore, as he's in his mid-sixties.
      And I felt good especially since in the past I was often weak around
      him and thereby foolishly feed into a lot of his monkey-business,
      rather than being more courageous in more fully bringing in the Light
      of Truth into whatever the situation was at hand.

      Yet upon further pondering over the whole matter, and while I still
      hold out some hope for him, the bigger part of me feels that the poor
      guy's going to spend his last days pretty much home-bound while
      counting his money, reading Mein Kampf, watching old war films, and
      trying his best to figure out just exactly where Hitler went wrong. I
      happen to know a lot of the details of his childhood, and actually
      most of his whole life, and I guess the bottom line is that it don't
      look good for him attaining 'transformation' either, until perhaps at
      the moment of his death, as Mr. Krishnamurti sensed was to be the
      case with the man he observed, again in a previous posting.

      Perhaps I should fully close the door here on this old friend, who
      has certainly, and yet rather sadly, been a real asset in my life,
      and in many ways over the years, and get on with focusing my energies
      fully on those that still have a more open, unselfish, youthful,
      loving, and forward looking spirit about themselves and life, and as
      a result have a real potential for the discovery of full and
      authentic human being. Yet I think I'll still continue to send him
      some Krishnamurti quotes and some of my own thoughts and writings in
      the mail from time to time.