The Cancer of Consumerism.....

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      "We are living in a dying civilization. The evidence is all around.
      What sort of a society is it that brainwashes little children with
      consumer values, destroying innocence and true wonder?"

      "Timothy Leary called the generations born after 1945 "electroids",
      that is, people programmed by electronic means. These developments
      have never occurred before in human history. The detrimental results
      are before us today: the increase in human suffering and the lack of
      meaning in many lives."

      "Robert Bly has said that because of arrested development, "millions
      of males linger passively in a dangerous, frightening, and
      inarticulate fantasy world. Such a person is not free of aggression;
      he tends to radiate an aggression that is diffuse, nondirectional,
      inconsolable.""

      Alan Pert

      http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~apert/consume.html