Re: [The Existential Society] The Chains of Attachment.....

    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 10:04 AM
      While Christ admonished us to love both our friends (neighbors) and
      our enemies (which I well suppose would also include his "ravening
      wolves in sheeps clothing"), I really don't think he had in mind
      feeding the latter or even some of our neighbors or being all that
      close to them all that much either.

      I have no problem with the word 'hate' as used by Christ. I also put
      it into another J.C. and paralleling Nietzschian framework as follows
      and as has been too my experience:

      "What is the greatest thing a man can experience? It is the hour of
      great 'self'-contempt." Nietzsche

      "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life
      in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." J.C.

      In any case I find that Christ came that we ('chosen [sensitive]
      few') may have (find/be granted) life more abundantly.

      We should therefore be keenly watchful for those among us who are
      skillful at twisting (and watering-down or 'safely' ignoring) his and
      other's words in order to keep us in chains or at their own beck and
      call.

      Bob M.

      P.S. Seems here that for every 100 mere Jesus believing Christians,
      there's but one or two who are sincerely searching for that glorious
      Christ within themselves. Actually for that matter I feel not too
      many anywhere are really built for this tremendous 'self'-
      destroying/overcoming adventure and the genuine bursting forth of
      that Inner Light and Fullness of Being!

      Indeed with God a man is never really alone. But for a woman without
      a good, loving (Godly) man in her life, it isn't all that easy.
      Especially in these last dark days.