The Chains of Attachment.....

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15 5:02 AM
      "Man is attached to everything in his life; attached to his
      imagination, attached to his stupidity, attached even to his
      suffering--possibly to his suffering more than anything else. He must
      free himself from attachment. Attachment to things, identification
      with things keeps alive a thousand 'I's' in a man. These 'I's' must
      die in order that the big I may be born. But how can they be made to
      die?...It is at this point that the possibility of awakening comes to
      the rescue. To awaken means to realize one's nothingness, that is, to
      realize one's complete and absolute mechanicalness, and one's
      complete and absolute helplessness...So long as a man is not
      horrified at himself, he knows nothing about himself." Gurdjieff.

      "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his
      wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--
      he cannot be my disciple." J.C.

      Bob M.

      P.S. And once again, "there is no LOVE, save in a heart detached." M.
      Eckhart