'Different' from day one perhaps?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      "At an absurdly early age, at the age of seven, I already knew that no
      human word would ever reach me." Nietzsche

      I wonder if he could have been one of Schopenhauer's, "more intelligent
      and finely formed"?

      "In the life of man all this appears with greatest distinctness,
      illumined by the clearest knowledge. As the manifestation of the will
      rises higher, the suffering becomes more apparent. In the plant there
      is no sensibility and therefore no pain. In the lowest forms of animal
      life, a small degree of suffering may be experienced. As the level
      rises, sensitivity becomes wider and deeper. It appears in a high
      degree with the complete nervous system of backboned animals. Thus, as
      knowledge increases, as consciousness attains to greater distinctness,
      pain also increases, and reaches its highest degree in man. And the
      more intelligent and finely formed a man is, the more pain he is open
      to." Schopenhauer