[The Existential Society] Re: Homogenety - Prayers & actions

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 5, 2006
      Enjoy it to the max Jim. Full time Kingdom residency is not an easy
      thing to maintain, even for the pros. Actually I'm finding, similarly
      as Hermann Hesse put it, that perfect or complete self-
      realization/actualization/expression is not really continually
      possible at all in relation with other men as their fraudulent self-
      filled self-expression interferes with it sooner or later.

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "<none>"
      <jamesrovira@...> wrote:

      > Sometimes I get a whiff here and there; sometimes, though, I need
      to close my eyes. :)

      > Jim R.
      >
      > "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote: That may or may not very
      well be so Jim. But in any case I'm
      > continuing to see a Heaven in a Wild Flower here. How about
      yourself?

      > Bob M.
      >

      > Jim Rovira
      > http://thephilosopersstone.blogspot.com

    • <none>
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 5, 2006
        Yep, but that's what forgiveness is for, isn't it? :). No point in having a command to turn the other cheek when there's no one around to slap your face...

        Jim R.

        "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote: Enjoy it to the max Jim. Full time Kingdom residency is not an easy

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 5, 2006
          Yeah, but on the other hand it's not always that easy to forgive,
          especially some of the more lovely lassies out there for being so
          terribly self-entrenched and thereby rendered quite unloveable for
          all truly good and noble purposes.

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 6, 2006

            Jim R.

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 9, 2006
              "I have seen life and it is all self - life is for self, love is for
              self, everything is for self. I look back and scarcely find any action
              I have done for self - even my wicked deeds were not for self - so I am
              content." Vivekananda

              Content too here but tired, sometimes very, very tired.

              <jamesrovira@...> wrote:

              > Ha...no one said it was easy, Bob. About as easy as dying on a
              cross :)

              > Jim R.
              >

              > Jim Rovira
              > http://thephilosopersstone.blogspot.com

            • prakki surya
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 10, 2006
                Divine Message of His Holiness Shri Datta Swami
                You have to live in this world according to the instructions of the Lord. Regarding your life in this world, the essence of His instruction is that, you should be ‘deceived’ by others and not deceive others, you should be ‘harmed by others but not harm anyone, you should not insult others, but you can be insulted by others and you should be abused by others but not abuse others. One cannot attain God by doing penance even for centuries. But there is one easiest way to attain God. When you are deceived by others or when you are harmed by others or when you are insulted by others or when you are abused by others, the Lord comes to your side. It means you have attained God. Therefore, you should thank the people who have deceived or harmed or insulted or abused you. They have helped you in attaining God by the easiest way. Therefore you should not deceive or harm or insult or scold even such people in return. They might have passed on the punishment to you, for your sins on the
                will of God. In that case also, they have cleared your sins at an early stage without further interest on the punishment. Even in that way you should thank them.
                Some people say that even good people are unnecessarily harmed. They criticize God. You cannot decide any person as a good person. Did you observe him every minute from his birth? You also think yourself as a good person. Are you aware of your sins done in your childhood? You might have harmed an innocent insect in your childhood. Do you remember that? Even mental feelings are sins, which may not be expressed in words and actions. The feelings of the mind are the source of words and actions. Therefore the feeling may not hurt others today. But tomorrow it will hurt others which will come out in words and actions. Infact, intention is given more importance in the crime according to law. The judge gives more importance to the intention in giving the punishment. You are walking on the road and the ant is killed by your foot, without any intention. There is no punishment for such sins. But when you kill the same ant with intention, you are punished by God. Therefore mind is the
                source of action. If somebody harmed really a good person, then also leave it to God. You should not revenge. Why? The reason is that you cannot judge the exact nature and line of the case. You do not remember your own sins. Sometimes you do the sin thinking that it is good. You cannot be the standard in judging your own sins. Only the Lord can decide. Therefore, if somebody harmed really a good person, in the view of the Lord also, then the Lord himself will punish him. You cannot take the law and order into your hand. You have to refer the case to the court. Let the Judge decide and punish the criminal. Therefore the Lord said, “Revenge is Mine”. If the revenge is justified, the Lord will certainly punish. The Lord will not revenge if you pray Him to do so. The Lord, will not excuse even if you recommend the unjust case.
                Neither you have the power to punish nor to excuse anybody. The reason for this is that you are not omniscient. If a sinner realizes the sin and repents, the punishment is reduced. After repentance if you do not repeat the sins, the punishment is cancelled. If the sinner does not repent, he will repeat the sin again and again. Such sinner can be controlled only by punishment. If this is not true the police department has no use. There are some sinners who can be controlled only by third degree treatment. If such punishment and revenge are not required and if everybody can be transformed by preaching, then what is the necessity of the existence of ‘Hell and Liquid Fire?’ If such possibility of transformation by love and knowledge is there, then why the Lord mentioned the word ‘revenge’ at all? Therefore this means that there are some sinners who cannot be transformed by love and knowledge. Some clever people criticize Lord Rama and Lord Krishna, who have resorted to
                punish the sinners. Such clever people should answer about the word ‘revenge’ uttered by the Lord and also should explain the mention of the liquid fire in the scriptures. If all the human beings can be transformed through love and knowledge such words should not have been mentioned in their scriptures.
                The Lord is the father of all the souls. Your love on another human being is only brotherly love. The love of the father is far greater than the brotherly love. You are criticizing your father for punishing your brother! The father tries His best to transform His son. On the first day of the war Ravana was defeated by Rama. Rama could have killed him on the very first day. But Rama asked Ravana to go back and think that night. The Lord punishes anyone as last resort. Even then, the Lord does not have anger or hatred. The punishment is only the last method attempted for transformation. There also the aim is only transformation. But when you punish your enemy such aim does not exist. Therefore the punishment by Lord is also reflecting His divine love and kindness on the soul. Due to such sacred aim the Lord is authorized to punish the soul. He is just like a teacher who punishes the student for his misbehavior. The teacher does not get any sin in such punishment. The reason again
                is that the intention decides the action.
                Therefore when you live in the world according to instructions given by the Lord, the Lord is pleased with you. The Lord will make you happy in this world. Your happiness in this world is an indication of His grace. Therefore you will be happy in the upper world also. He is the only one lord for both the worlds. Therefore if you are unhappy in the worldly affairs, you will be unhappy in the spiritual matters in the upper world also. If you are blessed in this world you are also blessed in the upper world. Therefore you follow His commandments and be happy in this world.
                posted by: His servant
                at the lotus feet of shri datta swami
                www.universal-spirituality.org

                "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote: Yeah, but on the other hand it's not always that easy to forgive, especially some of the more lovely lassies out there for being so terribly self-entrenched and thereby rendered quite unloveable for all truly good and noble purposes.
                Bob M

                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 11, 2006
                  I think you need to dump all the holiness bullshit and get down to
                  earth and real here prakki. Ain't none among us all who got the real
                  living God shit up in the least my little man.

                  --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, prakki surya