I Dream'd in a Dream'............of a New Jerusalem?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2005
      I dream'd in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
      rest of the earth.
      I dreamed that was the new city of Friends,
      Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust Love, it led the
      rest,
      It was seen every hour in the actions of the Men of that city,
      And in all their looks and words.

      Walt Whitman

      Earth needs a place where men can live away from all national
      rivalries, social conventions, self-contradictory moralities and
      contending religions; a place where human beings, freed from all
      slavery of the past, can devote themselves wholly to the discovery and
      practice of the Divine Consciousness that is seeking to manifest
      itself.

      The Mother (Of Auroville, India)

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2005
        "The essential thing, the first thing, is to prepare a nucleus of
        people capable of responding to the demand which will arise....So
        long as there is no responsible nucleus, the action of ideas will not
        go beyond a certain threshold. That will take time....a lot of time
        even."

        G.I. Gurdjieff

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2007
          C. S. Lewis described what seemed to him a
          kind of secret society of men and women , "dotted
          here and there all over the earth." One could learn
          to recognize them, he said, and clearly they recognized
          each other. (Marilyn Ferguson - 'The Aquarian Conspiracy')

          --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob M."
          <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

          > I dream'd in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
          > rest of the earth.
          > I dreamed that was the new city of Friends,
          > Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust Love, it led
          the
          > rest,
          > It was seen every hour in the actions of the Men of that city,
          > And in all their looks and words.
          >
          > Walt Whitman
          >
          > Earth needs a place where men can live away from all national
          > rivalries, social conventions, self-contradictory moralities and
          > contending religions; a place where human beings, freed from all
          > slavery of the past, can devote themselves wholly to the discovery
          and
          > practice of the Divine Consciousness that is seeking to manifest
          > itself.
          >
          > The Mother (Of Auroville, India)
          >
          > Bob M.

        • Bob Michael
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
            "The Kingdom of God can never be fulfilled
            in time and space. Every Utopianism is doomed
            to metaphysical disappointment. However
            changeable human nature may be, it is not
            amenable to fundamental moral correction.
            Improvement in education and environment may
            serve to raise the general ethical level of
            people and to polish its original crudeness,
            but such improvements do not affect the
            freedom to do good and evil as long as man
            is man. Mankind does not become better; good
            and evil are merely raised to a higher plane."
            [Paul Tillich - 'On The Boundary']

            <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

            > I dream'd in a dream I saw a city invincible to the attacks of the
            > rest of the earth.
            > I dreamed that was the new city of Friends,
            > Nothing was greater there than the quality of robust Love, it led
            the
            > rest,
            > It was seen every hour in the actions of the Men of that city,
            > And in all their looks and words.
            >
            > Walt Whitman
            >
            > Earth needs a place where men can live away from all national
            > rivalries, social conventions, self-contradictory moralities and
            > contending religions; a place where human beings, freed from all
            > slavery of the past, can devote themselves wholly to the discovery
            and
            > practice of the Divine Consciousness that is seeking to manifest
            > itself.
            >
            > The Mother (Of Auroville, India)
            >
            > Bob M.

          • Bob Michael
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
              My only concern is how best to find, gather
              together, and then salvage and help resurrect
              to fullness and completeness of human being
              those few, rare individuals from here, there,
              and everywhere, who, by the grace of God or
              the hand of joyful fate have been endowed with
              a finely-formed and thereby sensitive brain
              and sensory system; and then continue on to
              develop a body of genuinely enlightened or fully
              awakened people, who will then go on to make
              manifest and propagate the finished and perfected
              human species here on earth after the necessary
              grand nuclear cleansing of the huge multitude of
              the irreparably neuro-biologically faulty victims
              of the evolutionary process takes place.

              --- In Soar_Like_An_Eagle_2@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Michael"
              <new_trail_blazer@...> wrote:

              > "The Kingdom of God can never be fulfilled
              > in time and space. Every Utopianism is doomed
              > to metaphysical disappointment. However
              > changeable human nature may be, it is not
              > amenable to fundamental moral correction.
              > Improvement in education and environment may
              > serve to raise the general ethical level of
              > people and to polish its original crudeness,
              > but such improvements do not affect the
              > freedom to do good and evil as long as man
              > is man. Mankind does not become better; good
              > and evil are merely raised to a higher plane."
              > [Paul Tillich - 'On The Boundary']
              >
              > Bob M.
            • Bob Michael
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
                "Society everywhere is in conspiracy against
                the rediscovery and the cultivation of Love
                in everyone of its members. And this is simply
                a part and parcel of the fallen human condition." [Bob M.]