Apocalypse or Fairy Tale?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      What is going to happen?

      We all know the picture of the world. Chinese demography has
      just reached a billion - a thousand million men. Every year India has
      twelve million more babies. A geometrical progression. No human means
      can stop this tidal wave. I saw entire Himalayan ranges stripped of
      their trees - in twenty years. It gives you the shivers. Who speaks
      of Attila? The entire earth is full of little Attilas - there is no
      knowing whether they are men or something else disguised in a man's
      skin.

      That may be the true question: the earth is full of beings that
      are not men. They are goats, rats or rabbits, but not men. They may
      have science, democracy or religion, but they are not men. They have
      very ingenious digestive tracts. No species is more fake. A rat is
      what it is, without pretense. Man is not what he is - he pretends a
      lot of things, with a Bible in his hand and a tie around his neck.
      Man and falsehood hold together.

      In other words we are not yet men.

      Our falsehood is exploding in our faces. There is no other
      phenomenon. Man is becoming what he is, and what is not will go out
      of reality - how?

      That they will go out is beyond doubt.

      But there are millions and millions of fakers, and falsehood is
      so closely intermingled with truth that we do not really know how it
      is divinely possible (divinely, for humanly) to untangle this mixture
      without extirpating the good along with the bad. Then, if we take a
      close look, we realize that the best is no better than the worst: it
      is the same quagmire of 'something'...which is not what it is,
      neither in the worst nor in the best. Evolutionally speaking, there
      is a certain cellular aggregate - neither good nor bad - which has
      put on intellect, philosophy, microscopes, religion, and a certain
      number of other ingredients of which we may think highly or not, but
      what we think is not definitely important for the species, any more
      than the gospels or misdeeds of small fishes were for the emergence
      of mammals. So the 'separation of the righteous', goodness, wherever
      are those righteous?

      ('The Mind of The Cells' - Satprem)