Evolution continues and man will be surpassed.....

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
      .....Humanity is not the last rung of terrestrial creation.

      Irrespective of all religious denominations, philosophies, sects or
      new-age schools, the force within evolution is leading humanity -
      impersonally, disinterestedly and universally - to a critical point
      of choice where it must decide, consciously, to surpass itself and
      radically CHANGE ... or else become extinct.

      For the first time in the history of the Earth, a species - our own
      human species - will be able to participate CONSCIOUSLY and WILLINGLY
      in its own transformation to a future state of being.

      This is an unprecedented invitation, therefore - open to everyone who
      feels concerned by the question - to collaborate, consciously and
      willingly, in the adventure of an accelerated evolution of the human
      species to its next, its FUTURE state - to attempt to realize the
      next being, a future being, after 'man.'

      'MAN IS A TRANSITIONAL BEING,' said the great Bengali visionary and
      explorer, Sri Aurobindo, who originally foresaw the possibility for
      humankind's conscious participation in its own metamorphosis to a
      happier, future state.

      From time immemorial, this evolutionary thrust contained within Life
      itself has inexorably led all life-forms, of which humanity is merely
      the most recent, to mutate and to transcend themselves - but for the
      effort to be realized on Earth now, it must not become denatured by
      any church's intentions nor by any new religious sect's dominance,
      nor lost in vague nirvanic mists, nor in any way whatsoever submerged
      or compromised by interested ambitions.

      To begin with, a central key in this process of collaborating with
      our own evolution to a new, future state of being is to try to make
      all our diffuse aspirations CONSCIOUS and then to try realize
      physically, materially, within our very cells, this new stage of
      life - no, not in any ethereal "heavens" but here on the Earth
      itself, where evolution has indeed always been rooted.

      Evolution will go on with or without us, in any case, and the present
      deplorable, self-destructive, cruel and ego-ridden state of
      humankind, with or without its collaboration or consent, 'will be
      surpassed' and superceded by a higher, more conscious, egoless and
      more harmonious species - so, rather than passively or blindly
      undergoing the evolutionary process, why not choose to consciously
      collaborate in this inevitable advance and participate in an
      unprecedented, captivating, universal adventure?

      http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/swar/home.htm

      Bob M.

      P.S. The TRUTH is marching on. To fall into step with it is to fully
      be, fully live, and fully LOVE.
    • <none>
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
        Bob -- if this is truly an evolutionary mechanism and is "inevitable,"
        why must we consciously choose it? C.S. Lewis makes the same claim at
        the end of Mere Christianity: that divinely guided evolution produced
        intelligent and spiritual beings who must now choose the next step in
        their evolution. This, to him, was conversion to Christianity and
        those who didn't evolve were left behind.

        Jim R.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
          I find it's not so much a choosing, but far more a matter of being
          called, and then both hearing and heeding that call Jim. Or coming to
          an awakening of one's consciousness from the universal sleep state
          via repeated promptings, suffering, and then acquiring an eagerness
          to begin to surrender or let go of all one's old stagnate ideas.
          Whereupon there comes a more definite and then eventually a full
          realization of the vast difference between the sleep state and the
          newly rediscovered one of full alertness, wakefulness, or aliveness,
          along with an ever increasing conscious realization of what needs to
          be done in order to maintain ever more fully and continually this
          state of full aliveness. And that being undergoing consciously and
          earnestly the process of watching, listening, and feeling for the
          manifestations of the 'self' that tend to diminish one's sense of
          aliveness and rightful inner and outward harmonious relatedness
          versus those that tend to embellish and enhance these same things.

          The evolutionary mechanism too includes the inevitable fall into
          degeneracy, fragmentation of consciousness, and bankrupsy of morals
          and values which it is now deeply into, and whereby it can more
          readily be sensed by the also inherent revitalization, restoration,
          and finishing element since the facts are nearly all in, the stage is
          almost fully set, and the time is finally pretty close.

          Bob M.

          --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "<none>"