Re: Wisdom in Love: Kierkegaard and the Ancient Quest for Emotional Integrity

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 4:46 AM
      I believe I follow you here Alex, and my observation and view is that
      an experiential foundation of love and sensitivity must be 'built in'
      to the organism in it's formative years, or there can be no retrieval
      or return. This foundation likewise containing a keenly discerning
      conscience along with a sharp intuitive 'feel' for the authenticity
      of things, both within and without. One's peace would then come from
      eternally becoming or being a more and more perfectly centered
      embodiment of love in action. Which would require continually seeing
      and rooting out all falsely conditioned and acquired behaviors which
      stem from 'self' or a place of none-love.

      _____________________________________

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "Alex"
      <alessya_chbv@y...> wrote:
      > <<Kierkegaard writes of the biblical Job's loss of all he cherished
      > and its sudden restoration. To find his suffering sufferable, Job
      > must find strength to affirm his world, even if only in the hope,
      > trust, or faith it will be restored. Furtak explores the fragile
      > moments when love slips away and then seems to wondrously return.
      He
      > takes over Kierkegaard's term of art, repetition, to frame this
      flux
      > of loss, affirmation and hope for life-essential love. When the
      > passional root of significance is severed, nourishment is lost: we
      > are bereft. Reconnection with restorative love might take a
      Platonic