definition of life?

  • rob_a_petty
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
      "Life: objects interacting"

      Is this an appropriate definition of life?
      (I'm stuck in a mental loop)

      Sincerely
      Rob
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
        Hi Rob,

        Due to the human species being on the down side (as down as it's
        perhaps ever been) of its evolutionary developmental cycle, I observe
        and and define life (human life), and likewise most animal life that
        is unfortunately caught up too closely to the 'human', presently
        as 'Life: objects interacting lifelessly/aimlessly'. Or one might say
        machine-like and without depth of feeling or sustained centeredness
        of energy and without any real sense of purpose and genuine overall
        well-being. Individually man is little more than a big bundle of long-
        patterned and essentially erroneously-conditioned (thought-bound)
        lifeless and loveless chaos and insanity in our present day global
        asylum.

        Bob M.

        P.S. Actually little is really all that new, just a little
        further 'down' the scale perhaps than it was in old Artie S's days.
        See message #1736 herein.

        And for sure there's no real life to be had in the 'mental loop'.
        Best wishes in your extradition process Rob.

        --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "rob_a_petty"
        <rob_a_petty@y...> wrote:
        > "Life: objects interacting"
        >
        > Is this an appropriate definition of life?
        > (I'm stuck in a mental loop)
        >
        > Sincerely
        > Rob
      • Arvind Sood
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
          Hi Bob,
          I think you are taking an extreme negative view on human life. Pl stop generlising for entire humanity because you are not its authorised repersentative.
          Regards.
          Sood

          <rob_a_petty@y...> wrote:
          > "Life: objects interacting"
          >
          > Is this an appropriate definition of life?
          > (I'm stuck in a mental loop)
          >
          > Sincerely
          > Rob

          Arvind Sood

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2005
            Hello Arvind,

            The journey to the promised land requires going through the negative
            big time (i.e. "ye though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
            death I shall fear no evil....."). And unless one takes the trip
            without detour he'll not taste of the real essence of the positive or
            pure spiritedness. Some call it Love.

            Be well,

            --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, Arvind Sood
            <sood_ar49@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Bob,
            > I think you are taking an extreme negative view on human life. Pl
            stop generlising for entire humanity because you are not its
            authorised repersentative.
            > Regards.
            > Sood
            >
            > "Bob M." <new_trail_blazer@y...> wrote:
            > Hi Rob,
            >
            > Due to the human species being on the down side (as down as it's
            > perhaps ever been) of its evolutionary developmental cycle, I
            observe
            > and and define life (human life), and likewise most animal life
            that
            > is unfortunately caught up too closely to the 'human', presently
            > as 'Life: objects interacting lifelessly/aimlessly'. Or one might
            say
            > machine-like and without depth of feeling or sustained centeredness
            > of energy and without any real sense of purpose and genuine overall
            > well-being. Individually man is little more than a big bundle of
            long-
            > patterned and essentially erroneously-conditioned (thought-bound)
            the
            > lifeless and loveless chaos and insanity in our present day global
            > asylum.
            >
            > Bob M.
            >
            > P.S. Actually little is really all that new, just a little
            > further 'down' the scale perhaps than it was in old Artie S's days.
            > See message #1736 herein.
            >
            > And for sure there's no real life to be had in the 'mental loop'.
            > Best wishes in your extradition process Rob.
            >
            > --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "rob_a_petty"
            > <rob_a_petty@y...> wrote:
            > > "Life: objects interacting"
            > >
            > > Is this an appropriate definition of life?
            > > (I'm stuck in a mental loop)
            > >
            > > Sincerely
            > > Rob

            Service.