Re: 'Religious Founders' vs. other 'Geniuses'...part 2

  • new_trail_blazer
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      Hello Dennis,

      Jesus living 'without God'? I would take this to simply mean that he
      was lacking in perfect conscious-contact with the Same.

      I'm open to the possibility that his death on the cross could have
      been suicide or attitude adjustment by mob.

      Going front and center in one's early 30s claiming perfection with
      limited insights and down to earth living experiences seems not all
      that wise here.

      I think of J. Krishnamurti here too in the same light but peg him as
      being real slick (dishonest) and quite cowardly in comparison.

      Consider me enlightened/awakened/tenaciously 'self'-watchful(stop)
      Dennis, and without ever having read any sci-fi stuff. Discovery of
      and the rectification of what's inside ('know thyself') is the key to
      fullness of being, not what's (maybe) out there, over there, or up
      there.

      Be well,

      Bob M. (NTB)

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "neurom9999"
      <neurom9999@y...> wrote:
      > There is an argument that Jesus was not the founder of a new
      religion,
      > but that is beside the point of the context of your post.
      >
      > Perhaps I'm "slow," but I don't see any evidence of Jesus living
      > "without God." And, I don't see the rationale for his dying on the
      > cross as atonement for his own guilt, as delineated by Otto
      Weininger.