What is a blog?

  • byron800m
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
      I found this url surfing, http://blogs.ardice.com
      But can someone explain to me what a blog is? - Byron800m
    • neurom9999
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2005
        I was passing by, and looked to see whether any existential questions
        were being discussed in this group.

        In lieu of that, let me risk being accused of stating the obvious.

        BLOG is short for WEB LOG. The link you provided gives a definition
        of a BLOG on the first line. A BLOG is an online diary or journal.
        Depending on the web host you choose, you can allow the entire
        universe to respond to the travails of your daily existence, or you
        can restrict access to your "friends" only.

        My suggestion: Buy a fountain pen, and a blank book with archival
        quality paper, and write your deepest truths to your future self. The
        world does not care whether you woke up this morning with bleeding
        hemmorrhoids.

        If you're interested in seeing the kind of "inspiration" available
        online, you can check out:

        http://www.blogarama.com/index.php

        Persona non grata,

        ----Dennis