COACHING THE ARTIST WITHIN just published

  • ericcoach1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      Hello, everybody:

      I wanted to let you know that my new book, COACHING THE
      ARTIST WITHIN, has just been published and is now available.
      It is the first book on creativity coaching and explains how artists
      can become effective self-coaches.

      Below is the Booklist review of COACHING THE ARTIST WITHIN.
      If the book interests you, you can get it from Amazon right now.

      "Maisel, well known in self-help and creativity aids circles, brings
      to this resource for writers, actors, visual artists, and
      musicians--as well as your average Joe or Jane--a lifetime of
      experience. The author of Fearless Creating (1995) and
      Affirmations for Artists (1996), this advisor to rockers and
      screenwriters organizes his latest title into 12 skill areas,
      including generating energy (even in the midst of day-to-day
      demands), centering, managing anxiety, perfecting creativity
      planning, and maintaining a creative life. These `skill lessons'
      help would-be artists stifle negative thoughts and develop and
      use scheduling skills for starting and completing creative
      projects. Each lesson features as examples artists of diverse
      disciplines, such as a dancer, singer, poet, and painter, and
      provides exercises designed by the author to help readers
      incorporate his methods into everyday reality. To succeed in the
      arts, commitment must lead to effective, concrete action. Maisel
      shows the way to both."

      Best,

      Eric