Re: "People of The Lie"

  • new_trail_blazer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hi Neil,

      Yes Neil, I would say the ideal would be that the point('turning
      point')is reached, whereby not only the fraudulence of one's
      character and behaviors is fully and deeply realized, but also that
      the emptyness and meaningless of the whole of one's existence, as
      currently lived(primarily focused on oneself and one's thoughts), is
      too deeply felt. This would hopefully be the jump point for a
      spiritual awakening and then on to a reconstruction of one's self and
      his life totally.

      And as you say there are indeed many 'numbing agents', as I call
      them and which you also list some of. And putting aside the many
      chemical ones and psychological ones, workaholism comes to mind as a
      real prevalent numbing agent and fatal destroyer of the human spirit.
      And I see many who have really botched themselves up bigtime, both
      emotionally and physically, in this most 'honorable' and 'virtuous'
      practice of being often little more than a jackass of the world, and
      which so often stems simply from a low self-esteem and the need to
      prove to others that one is a worthwhile human being. But then on the
      other hand there are the many, especially in these last days, who are
      essentially slick and devious parasites in life, and therefore of
      course help perputuate the big con of the need to be 'responsible'
      and 'grateful'. And the circus goes on, and this is but only one of
      the many sideshows, but you and I needn't play the clown any longer.

      And here again comes one of my favorite pointings to others,
      especially the Christian element, most of whom haven't got a clue, or
      the courage to act on it either. And it's Luke 18: 29-30. Which is
      essentially, pack it all in folks, and then seek the Kingdom of God,
      and whereby if one diligently persists, shit will come down in one's
      life in a manner that's beyond his wildest dreams. But the game and
      the mirror of the world everywhere remains 'hang in there', which
      translated usually means suffer it out and follow the easier, softer,
      road of clinging to all the standard schemes and dreams of the
      multitude who all lie asleep in the dust of the earth. And I would
      add thereby too, 'faking it until they make it' as it's said and
      whereby the 'making it' never freakin' happens, trust me. Go to an
      old folks home once (but please, be considerate and don't take any
      children along for the sake of their yet happy spirits). There you'll
      see many who faked it for some 70, 80, years or more in many, many
      ways, some probably unimaginable, and most all of them that you'll
      find there surely never 'made it'. And many are the good helpers and
      comforters there that will be busy skirmishing around the place, all
      the while getting rich over the whole terrible scene, at least until
      their time eventually comes down the road. And on and on it goes.

      I'll close shop for now, as I got to go pickup my new used (15
      years) car I just bought for $300 bucks. It needed a new windshield
      ($219+tax), two tires ($120), and some other things, but all in all I
      believe I can get it on the road for around 700 bucks plus the
      goddamn transfer fees, making it still a pretty good bargain
      afterall. I just hope it lasts a couple of years, at least if I do.

      Hoping I didn't get too far off topic.

      Be well Neil,

      --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, "right2neil"
      <right2neil@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Bob,
      > Thanks for your post.
      > It seems to me that the continuation of pretence must at some stage
      > reach a point where the pain of admitting you are fake becomes to
      > unbearable or intolerable to return to the original nature. I know
      > from myself that self-pain can be evaded through emotionalism,
      > dramatics, chatter, accusation, pretence, dependency, demands,
      > daydreams all of which i am guilty of. As well there seems to be a
      > strong connection between hostility and pretence.
      > Thanks for your input.
      > Regards
      > Neil
    • right2neil
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        Hi Bob,
        I agree that only a special kind of dissatisfaction can lead to
        true happiness. That you must become aware of the part of you that
        is Displeased with societys glittering but empty rewards.

        Your writing on workaholism describes my father perfectly. Now 70
        and still working 12 hours a day. "The suffering hero"

        And i now understand clearer my reluctance to visit my grandfather
        at his old folks home. I usually can't wait to out of there.

        Thz again.
      • Arvind Sood
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2004
          Dear Bob,
          How well you hit the nail right on its head!
          Can you email your photograph to me.
          Regards.
          Arvind Sood

          <right2neil@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Bob,
          > Thanks for your post.
          > It seems to me that the continuation of pretence must at some stage
          > reach a point where the pain of admitting you are fake becomes to
          > unbearable or intolerable to return to the original nature. I know
          > from myself that self-pain can be evaded through emotionalism,
          > dramatics, chatter, accusation, pretence, dependency, demands,
          > daydreams all of which i am guilty of. As well there seems to be a
          > strong connection between hostility and pretence.
          > Thanks for your input.
          > Regards
          > Neil

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Arvind Sood

        • new_trail_blazer
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
            Hello Arvind,

            That may well be my friend, but you ought to see the shape of my
            thumbs from all the many, many, misses. A photograph you wish? Quite
            an unusual request, I'd say. But in keeping with being the nice guy I
            really am, when time permits, and if my limited PC skills allow it,
            I'll send you a print of me and dear old mom (the non-genetic one)
            taken way back in '43. I'm reminded here of one of my favorite photos
            of Nietzsche (which too I have framed and hanging) also standing
            beside his dear old mom.

            Be well Arvind,

            --- In theexistentialsociety@yahoogroups.com, Arvind Sood