"of Existentialism

  • jaseninaz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      The header describing the intents of this group I find interesting.
      I agree with most of the aims. I understand the intent is to
      broaden the scope of participating speakers, yet I find the language
      somewhat indicative of a paradigmatic western understanding of self
      in relations to a reality that conforms to heirarchal structure that
      is somewhat dated. I wonder if this dilemma perpetuates itself due
      to the lack of scholars inability to escape the centrifugal effects
      of the Cartesian "I". I find many arguments put forth by
      existentilist to be compelling and persuasive, but I still am not
      confident that our intellectual bearings are aligned properly to
      fully understand the self. I am sure the appellation of "human
      beings" most often used to describe persons is a description that
      limits the explorations of what it means to be a fully aware being
      in this reality we share and inhabit.