Gossain's Paintings

  • Arvind Sood
    Message 1 of 61 , Aug 27, 2004
      Attached are images of two paintings of my friend Ravi Gossain

      Enjoy!

      Arvind Sood

      Chennai- India

      Arvind Sood

    • new_trail_blazer
      Message 61 of 61 , Sep 14, 2004
        Hello again Helen,

        Seek and ye shall find Helen. I'm surely rootin' for you. And let
        no man, woman, or child get in your way either(Luke 18:29-30). Do you
        feel a deep inner compulsion or 'calling' toward 'self-discovery',
        rather than simply because it's the trendy 'in thing' to do, which,
        now-a-days especially, seems to be an overwhelmingly prevalent
        mindset?

        Beware of the many false and severely limited gurus, groups,
        followers, religions, etc. everywhere. And the lies, schemes, and
        dreams are slick and thick in all arenas. Take what you need(that
        which edifies) and let the rest Helen, which is not always an easy
        thing to do, and the task of which becomes part of your very own
        trials and tribulations in the growth of wisdom and fullness of being.

        And likewise be watchful of the many unfortunate intellectually
        warped 'space cadet' types who serve for little more than to get
        their jollies off playing with people's heads, especially here on the
        net, along with putting a drag on life wherever they may happen to
        be. Christ spoke of the many wolves, and they sure do come in all
        sorts of fine looking clothing in these last days. Love them but keep
        your distance.

        Eclecticism, I feel, is the best approach and the one I've been on
        for many years, though more and more it seems that I'm really a
        Christian at heart, though one without a church or friends.
        Biographies of those from all walks of life who followed the beat of
        a different drummer were, for me, the best help when it came to
        reading, which I've done much of over the years, and still do. My path
        (and one which I find most perfect) remains AA's 12 steps which were
        formulated from Christian principles, though free of the air of
        authority, hero worship, doctrines, dogmas, thou shall nots, gross
        limitations, and just plain lies, as is so prevalent in present day
        Christendom virtually everywhere.

        Nietzsche and J. Krishnamurti were perhaps my best teachers,
        although after many years on the mountain-side, I've come to view
        Krishnamurti as well intentioned, wise, and even enlightened in a
        sense, but essentially just another false prophet with an anti-
        religious bent who, as a result, has done far more harm than good.

        I know little about St. Vitus Dance or epilepsy, except once again
        that my mom was said to have had the former, and that seldom do you
        hear the term anymore like you did years ago. I do know however, that
        the so-called experts very often don't have a clue about many things
        either, which is scary, but a fact. One needs to get smart for their
        own sake Helen, especially in these last days. The striving for the
        almighty buck has gotten even good men's minds badly warped, often
        making them propagators of lies and producers and perpetuators of
        suffering. Seems, for instance, we seem to have a chemical drug or
        fix for everything now-a-days, and they don't come cheap, nor with
        any guarantees either, save for their comsumption filling people's
        pocket-books very well.

        You mention your interest in the connection between neurological
        conditions and insightfulness and brilliance. My interest in this
        area would include, and especially, sensitivity too, along with the
        importance of the early formative years and their effect on the
        mind/brain development. As I find insightfulness and brilliance alone
        don't necessarily make for a wholesome and well-rounded human being,
        and very often quite far from it. Einstein comes to mind here for one.

        At the following url, I have placed some ideas I've found
        insightful and helpful over the years, including some on the early
        formative years:

        'Sci-Fi' is a field I have no interest in whatsoever. I suppose
        it's because of my inherent down to earth, hands on, nothing but the
        truth nature. Nor was I ever part of the drug, sex, & rock and roll
        scene either, thank God. Although I do enjoy nearly all kinds of
        music, but again, I never had a need to be part of any scenes.
        Actually and in retrospect I've always been an 'outsider lookin' in'
        and a loner, and remain that very same way today, though now and
        finally with a clear understanding of life and self, along with
        having recaptured a happy heart and sane mind. Though not without
        also having to bear at times a deeply felt sorrow, which sometimes
        borders on feelings of madness. But my co-pilot, Karen, keeps me
        living on, though often I'd just as soon be back 'home' once again.

        Best wishes Helen,

        Bob M.

        P.S. "And so long as you haven't experienced this: to die and so to
        grow, you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth." Goethe

        And this is so whether ye be a friend or a foe of the (dark) earth, I
        would add.....Helen.

        > Hi Bob,

        > I'd say thats more than many and I'm not talking numbers here...
        > I have been reading your contributions to the Kexiles. Tho' I know
        nothing about the guru in question at this point I like your
        > For some time I have been deeply engaged in the intriguing business
        of self discovery. A journey that's taken me through parts of, some
        of, the sometimes almost impossible-to-fathom tomes of the great
        existentialist philosophers and personality theorists, to the
        writings of the Sartre and the Beats to contemporaries like Tom
        Robbins, Taoism, Buddhism and all kinds of related and unrelated
        stuff..................Trying discover about me, being and the
        meaning of life. Strange how one can go along in a complete vombee
        like state for the majority of ones life then all of a sudden the
        bottom drops out of your world and there's nothing holding you up
        anymore.
        > I was looking for your mail about St Vallias Dance and your
        brothers, which I seem to have lost...I had never heard of this
        condition, which is odd since my oldest daughter is a JRA sufferer
        another autoimmune illness, luckily St V's D must be pretty rare.
        > I have been looking into the connection between neurological
        conditions and insightfulness and brilliance (which is a subjective
        term... I've chosen to use nevertheless)....Yes, Nijinsky's diaries
        and those writings of Dick after his 'visions' (the sci-fi writer
        described by Dennis) would be good to read....most of the stuff on
        the websites is just too brief and tantalizing and there's a lot
        about entertainers...brilliant musicians who were often heavy drug
        users.